[SOLVED] External Hard Drive Not Loading

Apr 17, 2020
I have a Seagate External Portable Plus 1TB that I got in 2019 and it was working fine until a few days ago. I didn't drop in the past few days so I doubt its damaged. Basically, whenever I try to to open a file, it doesn't load. My laptop starts to reset/lag as well. I have 800gb in the hard drive and I really need a fix. I get the notification "The file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file type is incorrect, or the file is corrupt" when I try to play my video from the seagate, and also "The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait." I haven't put any new files or anything so probably no viruses either.

My external hard drive files were all opened before and worked perfectly, but unfortunately it can't even load the videos(I'm on windows 10 so there's a green bar on top that shows if the folder is fully loaded, but now, it just barely finishes then stops responding and eventually crashes). I really appreciate the help.

Apr 17, 2020
Check the SMART values for the disc. It's probably too late but try backing up your files.
Ok Thanks. Here's what I got. I used crystaldiskinfo and the sectors below are under "caution". I don't understand the meaning of the values though.

Reallocated Sectors Count: 9371
Current Pending Sector Count: 704
Uncorrectable Sector Count: 704