external hard drive not showing up

For some reason, my laptop isn't recognizng my SimpleTech external hard
drive - it doesn't come up as a possible drive under My Computer, and
when I look it up under Device Manager, it seems to think it's a
Samsung device. I've tried updating the driver and using the disc that
came with the SimpleDrive, but XP tells me that my driver is up to
date. Any ideas on what's going on?

Andrew

blueandshiny@hotmail.com wrote:

> For some reason, my laptop isn't recognizng my SimpleTech
> external hard drive - it doesn't come up as a possible drive under
> My Computer, and when I look it up under Device Manager, it
> seems to think it's a Samsung device. I've tried updating the
> driver and using the disc that came with the SimpleDrive, but XP
> tells me that my driver is up to date. Any ideas on what's going on?

Most likely its just got a samsung hard drive in it. Is the size right ?

You have to partition and format it in Disk Management
before it will show up in My Computer.

There appears to be a very slow echo here...

Most likely there is a Samsung disk in the enclosure.
You need to partition and format the disk in DiskManager (diskmgmt.msc)
before you see it in MyComputer...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

<blueandshiny@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä

"bxf" <bill@topman.net> wrote in message news:1122980091.806179.14200@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> There appears to be a very slow echo here...

A sockpuppet on a slow server?