[SOLVED] External hard drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2021
I have had a 1T hard drive that a friend of mine had put all sorts of tv series and movies etc on it for me. I just plug in into the usb port in my tv and ive never had any problems. Anyway about 6months ago i bought a bigger hard drive because (in attempt to save space) i have started using this program that enables me to put all my DVDs on to a hard drive and watch it on my tv the same way that i watched all the other things my friend put on the hard drive in the first place. So last night when i plugged in the new hard drive it saod something like disk not recognised (or something). I feel as if its a really simple solution but i have no idea what to do. My tv is nothing fancy, but its always played the filed before. And most of the files were from the original hard drive, so i know that its not the file type or anything....
HELP ME PLEEEEASE! 😊

Solution
I worked it out. I had the drive formatted correctly, but a friend of mine said that some older tv's wont be compatible with hard drives bigger than 2T and the one i was trying to use was 4T. So im gonna get a smaller hard drive and go from there
I have had a 1T hard drive that a friend of mine had put all sorts of tv series and movies etc on it for me. I just plug in into the usb port in my tv and ive never had any problems. Anyway about 6months ago i bought a bigger hard drive because (in attempt to save space) i have started using this program that enables me to put all my DVDs on to a hard drive and watch it on my tv the same way that i watched all the other things my friend put on the hard drive in the first place. So last night when i plugged in the new hard drive it saod something like disk not recognised (or something). I feel as if its a really simple solution but i have no idea what to do. My tv is nothing fancy, but its always played the filed before. And most of the files were from the original hard drive, so i know that its not the file type or anything....
HELP ME PLEEEEASE! 😊
Do you have a pc on hand to plug the external drive into?

Mar 24, 2021
I worked it out. I had the drive formatted correctly, but a friend of mine said that some older tv's wont be compatible with hard drives bigger than 2T and the one i was trying to use was 4T. So im gonna get a smaller hard drive and go from there

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS