Question External Hard Drive Question

May 9, 2020
I previously had four 4 TB external drives hooked to my computer. Recently upgraded to four 5 TB drives. When I try connecting them, only three of the four are being recognized. Whichever one I connect fourth is not being recognized.

However, if I use three 5 TB drives and one 4 TB drive, it recognizes all of the external drives.

If there any thing I can do so that I can successfully connect the four 5 TB dives?

May 9, 2020
They are connected via USB. Never had a problem connecting four 4TB drives. And right now, I can connect three 5 TB and one 4 TB. But whenever I try and connect four 5 TB - it never reads the fourth one. All of the drives work. It's just whichever one I plug in last isn't being recognized.

I can work around this by playing musical drives. But ideally, I need all four drives connected at times.

May 9, 2020
very strange

Yeah, I wasn't anticipating this. My temporary solution is to use the three 5 TB drives and the one 4 TB drive for the time being. Worst case, I need to play musical drives with the fourth 5TB drive when I need the extra space. But for the life of me I have no idea why this is happening.