External Hard drive Says it's Full but it's not

Stargirl888

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I've had this problem with a few external harddrives in the past and I cannot work out why.

When I try to copy some files onto the Hard drive I get a message saying insufficient space available but when I go look at the space available in My Computer I still have like 20GB and the files I'm trying to copy are less than a gig.

I've tried copying the files both separately or as part of a group and it's the same thing; I've also tried to copy them on other computers with the same result (by transferring the file to the other PC on a flash and then onto the computer storage and then onto the external Hard drive). Strangely enough it's only some files. Others, even of the same format will copy fine. But when I try copy the files onto another hard drive they copy without a problem. So I can't work out if it's the hard drive or files that's at fault. Could it be a virus? (I have run antivirus scans on Hard drive and files (with AVG and Avast) and they come up clear.

Any ideas would help!

Stargirl888

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

I dont think so - well I never set it to use either and no not copying over existing folders

TRENDING THREADS