Question External hard drive to internal without data loss.

paulliewallnuts

Commendable
Nov 27, 2018
I had a couple WD my book external 2tb drives, The USB plugs on both have been going for a while. I decided they were beyond my abilities to fix them any more so I striped them out of the housing down to the drive and put them in my PC with SATA, They appear as unallocated on my PC. They are full of Video I'd rather not lose. I've looked in the forums and on the internet But most topics are the other way around, internal to external, also I've seen thing about partition recovery but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for either, I'd really appreciate if any one can help with this,
Thanks

Were the drives in a My Book Essentials enclosure? If so, then they have been encrypted by the firmware in the enclosure.

DO NOT be tempted to "initialise" the drives. Doing so would be data destructive. Also DO NOT throw away your enclosure's USB-SATA bridge PCB.

paulliewallnuts

Commendable
Nov 27, 2018
Were the drives in a My Book Essentials enclosure? If so, then they have been encrypted by the firmware in the enclosure.

DO NOT be tempted to "initialise" the drives. Doing so would be data destructive. Also DO NOT throw away your enclosure's USB-SATA bridge PCB.

I think they might have been My Book Essentials, I didn't throw anything away.

TRENDING THREADS