[SOLVED] External HDD 2T not initialized.

Oct 19, 2018
Hello. I need help in solving this issue with SEAGATE model SRD00F1, 2T External HDD which is listed at dsk mngmt as Disk 1 Unknown and Not initialized. When I try to initialize, It won't. When plugged it works and can be safely removed.

thank you in advance.

Solution
That is sata to usb adapter (not sata connection).

For pure sata connection, you'd have to connect the drive to sata port on motherboard with sata cable (not to usb port).
Oct 19, 2018
In Computer Management, Disk management tab, it is listed as unknown disk 1, not initialized. A Tab pops up and asks to use the following partition style for the selection disks, MBR or GBT but i can't, a message shows up "the system can not find the file specified".

Also at Device manager, is listed at the disk drives and also allows me to safely remove Hardware and Eject Media. But I can not access it and seems to be physically damaged.

Oct 19, 2018
I purchased exactly the same External HDD and connected its USB enclosure electronics to the computer and the result is the same so I believe for sure the connections are fine.

Do I still have to connect it to PC with SATA cables?

Oct 19, 2018
In those screenshots looks like you have connected the drive via USB.

You said, you tried to connect it with sata cables too.
Can you make another screenshot (Disk Management and Device Manager), when connected with SATA ?

I connected it with SATA and at the Disk Drives lists with a longer name (shown in the pic). When I try to update the driver it says that it is up to date. Not listed at Disk Management . View: https://imgur.com/a/FmOM9mH

If a drive (connected via sata and storage controller drivers obviously installed) is not listed in Disk Management, then the drive is dead.
It could be also in Storage Spaces, but windows 7 doesn't have storage spaces.
So only other option - dead drive.

I'd still like to see Disk Management screenshot to verify.

Reactions: sazan.shehi