External HDD Data Recovery (Corrupt Master File Table)

xAIMx

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
Hello,

I have run into a big problem on my External HDD. I can't access it, it tells me "The Disk Structure is Corrupt And Unreadable" After a bit of digging around I found out the Master File Table is corrupt. I've tried a few Data Recovery Programs over the last few days and I had a bit of success with Recuva. However I have a way to many small files on that drive, ranging from textures copied 50 times in different folders from old Animation projects, to final products. I alot of my past work is on that drive and would be lost if I can't recover it. Recuva is good, but the structure of the harddrive is gone, it's a ridecuous long list of files and I can't know if it's important or not. Is there any way to recover my files in such a way I can see the folders? I would know which ones were important, and which ones weren't. and I did not have to waste days recovering an absurd amount of files I don't need and spend even more days trying to go though them all and find which ones I need to save.
Thank you for your time I hope someone can help!

xAIMx

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Please tell us that, after all the recoverable files have been recovered, that you will enact and continue a routine, perhaps weekly or bi-monthly, of making full images of your OS and your Data partitions onto reliable, affordable, external media.