Question External Hdd fails and cannot be acces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2022
Alright guys so let's talk about my problem.

One year ago my HDD external which is a WD 1TB failed, I couldn't access it I could see it in windows disk management but only as UNKNOWN tried several programs recovery tools nothing worked. After one year I took his case off and decided to plug it in directly via SATA, open the PC plug it in start the computer then I could see in my computer that IT WORKED I couldn't enter in it still but I could access properties, access it via DDME I could see all my files there BUT I don't know why [vulgarity redacted] I restarted the PC and after that it went down like before. Tried to switch it to different SATA cables nothing, I can only hear it scrambling inside and nothing. Also when it is plugged It takes several minutes to start even tho my Windows is on my SSD I don't know why. I will try to reconnect it or do the FRIDGE method see if it can works.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 2, 2022
Connect the inaccessible external hard drive with Windows 10/8/7 PC; Open This PC/My Computer > Right-click on inaccessible external hard drive > Select Properties; Click Tools > Click Check/Check Now.
that's the thing It only appeared once in My Computer after that only in disk management as UNKNOWN, I tried with LINUX using HDDSuperTool it does see it but cannot access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.