external HDD is not accessible

Imtiaz Ali_1

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Toms
I faced a problem with my external hdd, it has very important files. I plugged it in my usb port of playstation 4, but it was not recognized. Now, I tried to use it on my laptop and it was not accessible. At first it was not recognized. Then I followed many workarounds found in the web to find the drive. But then I could not access the drive even if it has all the files. It is a Toshiba 1TB. When i pug it in the led light is always blinking blue and I can feel the disk inside rotating. Please help.

Solution
If the external drive was an NTFS formatted drive it probably got corrupted by the playstation, which does not read NTFS and needs exFAT.

First, I am sure that you are now aware that it is *never* a good idea to have your important files only on a USB drive. If you are very luck you may be able to recover the drive using something like Recuva.

RealBeast

Titan
If the external drive was an NTFS formatted drive it probably got corrupted by the playstation, which does not read NTFS and needs exFAT.

First, I am sure that you are now aware that it is *never* a good idea to have your important files only on a USB drive. If you are very luck you may be able to recover the drive using something like Recuva.

Solution