Question External HDD not showing in My Computer

Adarsh80

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
Hello,

I have a 2TB external HDD of Seagate that's not showing in my computer but its showing in the disk management console and showing Unknown not initialized, unallocated, please help me with this I am unable to use my disk and has a lot of important files in it.

UPDATE: When I try to recover data using software like EaseUS, Minitool Recovery, After the full scan it doesn't show any result.

Thanks

Last edited:

Adarsh80

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
Hi, sorry to see that you have issues with the HDD. Could you use another cable, port and if possible computer to connect the hard drive? Have you tested the drive with a diagnostic software?
I have already tried with three another cable and also different ports but it didn't working 😔

Adarsh80

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
The HDD is probably unallocated, just watch this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W2CYN7Ytjo
. If it still doesn't work, then i assume you probably have a m.2, just check your motherboard manual and if should tell you what ports are disabled when plugging in a m.2, then just plug in a sata port besides that one. Hope this helps! :)

Yeah it is showing unallocated in disk management but it has many important files I stored inside it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts