[SOLVED] external HDD working forever

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
external HDD working forever
it wont stop and it wont get a letter neither does it appear in the disk manager

this happened when i accidentally removed the hdd from the pc (

is there anyway to bring it back?
and with what tool?

Solution
When you say, 'working forever' do you mean it's continually spinning? If you're noticing it start to spin and doesn't stop AT ALL and you can't access or get a drive letter then chances are the logic board (the circuit board on the bottom of the drive) is broken/faulty OR the adapter on the sata power and data ports is bad and needs to be replaced, that one is easier to replace than a logic board but you'll still need to contact the manufacturer or brand to see what your options are. Perhaps you could also scour ebay to find the replacement part.
When you say, 'working forever' do you mean it's continually spinning? If you're noticing it start to spin and doesn't stop AT ALL and you can't access or get a drive letter then chances are the logic board (the circuit board on the bottom of the drive) is broken/faulty OR the adapter on the sata power and data ports is bad and needs to be replaced, that one is easier to replace than a logic board but you'll still need to contact the manufacturer or brand to see what your options are. Perhaps you could also scour ebay to find the replacement part.

Solution

Shadow_32

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
i had to format it... there was no wah it would go ack to what it was... this is a really bad part of external HD.. oou can easily mess it up just by accident

i am sure it has to do with secors getting corrupted and making it impossible for the drive to be red.

now i have another issue with my new SSD ubs C device because IT will just disconnect randomly even though i have removed the power saving options