Jul 11, 2021
I have this external hard drive that isn't working suddenly today, I think it's most likely related to how when I tried to cancel shutting off my pc everything just went black and I just press the physical power button to shut off my pc yesterday.
When I start up my pc today it was starting up super slow at the screen with the numbers/letters on the bottom right of the screen and it does detect in the device manager however at first when I plug it in it appears with a different drive number and doesn't have the drive usage bar in My PC.
If I try to see it in Disk Manager it just starts to not respond or just stuck at connecting to virtual disk service and if I try to open the right click menu on the drive explorer also crashes and the other thing that happens is it just not appearing on My PC or Disk Manager at all.
Another weird thing is that if I try to open stuff like crystaldiskinfo or something similar it just doesn't appear until I unplug the drive. It also beeps and disconnect itself from the pc I use(not on another pc)but I'm not sure if the beep has the same meaning for any external drive since this one is made by a Chinese company, I just hope that I can at least recover most of the stuff in it or get it working again.
I found a post that is very similar to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nal-hard/234ce16f-fc64-431a-8afb-35bdeb7114a8 but I'm still posting here cuz I'm not sure how different things are handled compared to the linked post which is made in 2013 and for Windows 7, what can I do before sending the drive off to repair or data recovery?(Already have it unplugged)

Jul 11, 2021
Have you gone in to bios and tried under exit to reset settings to optimal/original settings?
Okay so I tried just a moment ago, <Mod Edit> was so slow I need to wait a few minutes just for the reset to default promt to pop up and I just gave up and unplug the drive to do it. Didn't do anything at all

Last edited by a moderator: