external IP cannot be reach

Hi all,

My problem is that my network in my office is unable to open our external
website that is www.suriagroup.com.my (69.93.72.114). If we try to open it
from other location (outside our office), there will be no problem accessing
it.

For your information, our domain name in our office is suriagroup.com.my .
Is there any posibilities that our internal DNS is not responding to the
external website www.suriagroup.com.my due to the same name ?

Please help us.

Darlien Apolonius

In news:Oc5r0EFqFHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Darlien <darlien@trisuria.com.my> made this post, which I then commented
about below:
> Hi all,
>
> My problem is that my network in my office is unable to open our
> external website that is www.suriagroup.com.my (69.93.72.114). If we
> try to open it from other location (outside our office), there will
> be no problem accessing it.
>
> For your information, our domain name in our office is
> suriagroup.com.my . Is there any posibilities that our internal DNS
> is not responding to the external website www.suriagroup.com.my due
> to the same name ?
> Please help us.
>
> Darlien Apolonius

That's correct. Due to the same name. DNS won't go elsewhere if it owns the
zone being queried. All you need to do is create a 'www' entry under your
suriagroup.com.my zone, and give it 69.93.72.114 for the IP.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

=================================

Darlien <darlien@trisuria.com.my> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My problem is that my network in my office is unable to open our
> external website that is www.suriagroup.com.my (69.93.72.114). If we
> try to open it from other location (outside our office), there will
> be no problem accessing it.
>
> For your information, our domain name in our office is
> suriagroup.com.my . Is there any posibilities that our internal DNS
> is not responding to the external website www.suriagroup.com.my due
> to the same name ?

Use the DNS management console, open the suriagroup.com.my zone, in the
Action Menu select New host, name it www, give it 69.93.72.114 IP. You may
have to run ipconfig /flushdns before you can access the site though.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]