Question External Monitor Black Screen when gaming

Apr 18, 2019
Recently I just bought a AOC c27g1 Monitor attach with my Asus Rog GL553VW laptop, it's work fine for browsing and movies. But after I playing game like 5-10 mins, the monitor will turn black for 3-5 seconds then the monitor screen will up again. This issue will keep occurring when I continue playing the game.

I connected with HDMI to HDMI cable since my laptop don't have mDP. I did update the GPU driver, Nvidea driver and windows 10 to the latest version, and I did the Maximum Power Performance setting. Even I had tried to clean the fan dusk still not able to solve the problem.

I had tried to reduce the Processor power management from 100% to 60%, the frequent black screen will reduce a bit but also sacrifice too many FPS and it's affected my gaming experience. And recently I found out when I playing game, my CPU Temp will goes up to 80'C+, then the black screen will start occurring. (I had tested with my friend's laptop same model but he having GTX1050, the monitor just work fine for him with similar Temp)

Lastly I also tried to reduce the pixel when gaming from 1980x1080 to 1600x900 (Dota2), it's help to reduce the frequent of black screen but it's still can't solve my problem.

Please help, Thanks

ASUS GL553VW
Laptop Spec

Windows 10 Home Single Language (64bit)

6700 HQ

960M

16GB Ram

Apr 18, 2019
Windows 10 Home Single Language (64bit)

I play Dota2 and CSGO

I just updated my BIOS version to the latest and tested 20 mins of playing CSGO, it's seem work !!!

Normaly I play like 5 mins, the blackscreen will occur. I will test longer period of gaming and will update my experience here.

Thanks

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS