[SOLVED] External monitor doesn't show display, semi detected by laptop

strydez

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
I got a razer blade 15 and an omen 27. I'm trying to use the monitor as an external display but the display doesn't show up on the monitor. On my razer blade it shows as other device in bluetooth and I can detect the speaker on the monitor in my sound option. I can safely say the monitor is detected in the devices. How can I get this fixed? Also I'm connecting the both of them with a hdmi cable.

Solution
Do you have the HP Omen 27i or the HP Omen X 27? How are you connected to the display using your laptop? Cable used for connectivity? You might want to also mention the SKU to your Razer laptop since they tend to have a number of SKU's/specs. Might want to see if using DDU, then uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling with the latest from Nvidia's(assuming it comes with a GTX/RTX GPU) in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have the HP Omen 27i or the HP Omen X 27? How are you connected to the display using your laptop? Cable used for connectivity? You might want to also mention the SKU to your Razer laptop since they tend to have a number of SKU's/specs. Might want to see if using DDU, then uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling with the latest from Nvidia's(assuming it comes with a GTX/RTX GPU) in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator helps.

Solution