Question External Monitor gone Blank (gray)

KrOo12

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2016
Hello, I have a Dell Monitor - Gaming Curved 34" S3422DWG.

I usually have 2 laptops plugged in, I frequently jump from projecting one to the other.

Yestarday it started failing, showing a gray light, it was on, it just showed solid bright gray color. After fiddling the little menu knob for a while, it finally showed my desktop again. Then later I tried switching to the other laptop and the same happened, but this time, it never showed anything else again.

As a last test, I plugged it into a different PC, getting the same outcome. So it's not the computers, it's actually the monitor.

Anyone knows this to be a known issue? Which other tests could I do? I'm willing to open it, my guarantee has expired, so I'm ok with the risks. Any knowledge or suggestions are welcome.

just showed solid bright gray color. After fiddling the little menu knob for a while, it finally showed my desktop again
no error showing on the screen such as, "no signal" or anything at all?

the fact that manipulating controls or giggling the display may have reestablished connection would lead me to believe that there is a bad connection, possibly the internal image processor not being in full contact with the screen.

if it is really out of warranty you could go ahead and carefully dismantle the screen housing without any worry and make sure all contacts are secure and there's no visible damage(burns, etc).