Question External monitor says "No Signal" | "Cable Not Connected" for laptop

Oct 31, 2023
I recently brought "Acer ED270R S3 Monitor | 180Hz Refresh Rate I AMD Freesync Premium I 2 x HDMI | 1 x Display Port" for my desktop and it was working good.
Spec : AMD FX8350 processor with GTX 1650 gpu | Windows 10 Home

But when I try to connect this monitor as a second screen for my "Asus FX504GM" laptop, the monitor was connected but doesn't receive any signal.
Spec : Intel i7 processor with Nvidia GTX 1060 | Windows 11 Home

I have tried all this methods, Still it was same
1) Diagnosed Laptop HDMI port | HDMI Cable | Monitor HDMI Port
2) Unplugging, Re-plugging | Shifting Cable Ends | Even used HDMI to DP convertor for my Laptop
2) Display setting | Resolution and refresh rate settings
3) Display setting in Nvidia Control Panel
4) Update / Rollback Drivers in Device Manager
5) Service settings - NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem and so on

Monitor Active in Display Settings
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TutVOqqvM29GZhlzOupk1mLC9P9SdQ1X/view?usp=drive_link

Help me to Solve my Issue...

Solution
I have tried Safe Mode and also did uninstalling Nvidia driver and installed again. It didn't Help.
Interesting. Have you ever been able to use the HDMI port or have you never tried before now?

Beyond that, you might have to consider a couple things:
1) Something in the OS is corrupted that is preventing it from broadcasting to the monitor like you want and a full OS reinstall "might" help it work (especially if it worked previously)
2) The HDMI port is non-functioning.
3) You might try finding a true HDMI 1.4 cable and see if it works with that.
Oct 31, 2023
Hi, Thanks for the immediate response
I have tried all display Options already - Duplicate / Extend / Second Screen Only
this didn't help, still no signal

Last edited:
Yes, I have turned off automatic and set it manual. tried with all 2 HDMI port and 1 DP Port in the monitor
Looks like the HDMI ports are rated at 1.4.
Do you know what rating the HDMI cables are that you are using?
Have you tried different HDMI cables or possibly one of the ones you used on your desktop (since we know they work)?

EDIT #1:
Was this a brand new machine or a used "new" machine to you?

Reactions: RamzRio
Oct 31, 2023
Looks like the HDMI ports are rated at 1.4.
Do you know what rating the HDMI cables are that you are using?
Have you tried different HDMI cables or possibly one of the ones you used on your desktop (since we know they work)?

EDIT #1:
Was this a brand new machine or a used "new" machine to you?

I'm not sure, but the cable have a printing of "High Speed Cable"
But it was the same cable I use to connect my PC, It works fine with 1080P | 180hz

Its was my 4years old laptop "Asus FX504GM" which was not connecting to the Monitor "Acer ED270R S3" (connected trough GTX 1060 GPU) uses i7-8750H
My PC also old one which works fine with this monitor (connected trough GTX 1650 GPU port) uses AMD fx8350 Processor

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023
What resolution and refresh rate do you have your laptop display currently set to? This shouldn't be a source but is a possibility at this point.

Makes me wonder if the HDMI port on the laptop is even functional at this point as well.
its 1080p with 120hz refresh rate, HDMI Port on the laptop works fine with my old ASUS Monitor which was also 1080P and supports 60hz refresh rate

Drop your refresh rate down to 60mhz and set a resolution of like 1920x1080 and test it. If still no response keep dropping the resolution but leave the refresh rate at 60hz and keep doing it until you either hit rock bottom on the resolution (no more options) or it starts working. If it starts working, let us know at what resolution it responded at.

Oct 31, 2023
Drop your refresh rate down to 60mhz and set a resolution of like 1920x1080 and test it. If still no response keep dropping the resolution but leave the refresh rate at 60hz and keep doing it until you either hit rock bottom on the resolution (no more options) or it starts working. If it starts working, let us know at what resolution it responded at.
I did exactly as you mentioned, Still no change.
Display was connected as I mentioned in my first Text (refer Link), But the display wasn't showing up, Keep on saving "No signal"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TutVOqqvM29GZhlzOupk1mLC9P9SdQ1X/view?usp=drive_link

I have tried Safe Mode and also did uninstalling Nvidia driver and installed again. It didn't Help.
Interesting. Have you ever been able to use the HDMI port or have you never tried before now?

1) Something in the OS is corrupted that is preventing it from broadcasting to the monitor like you want and a full OS reinstall "might" help it work (especially if it worked previously)

Solution
Oct 31, 2023

Finally find the culprit.

First I tried with true HDMI 1.4 cable which shows up with dull screen with 1080p and 60mhz refresh rate.
Then I brought "HDMI 2.1 Cable", It suits well to the monitor with 1080p and 180mhz refresh rate.

I wonder why all my old cables supports only with my PC in 1080p and 180mhz, But not even sending signals with my laptop.
Anyhow find the solution. Thanks for your assist Mate...