Philippe

I am trying to use an external monitor (19") with my laptop. I only want the
19" to be the desktop and the laptop's screen to stay black

Dell2650 inspiron with Windows XP Geforce2 Go video adapter

Thank you

--
Philippe

Hello Philippe,

In order to change where your desktop is displayed you have to press FN +
F8. I believe the first time is set so you see the same thing on both
displays, pressing it again will only display to the monitor (making the
laptop blank) and one more time would make the monitor blank and the laptop
have the picture. You can also change this by right clicking on your
desktop, going to properties, clicking the Settings tab, and then clicking
the Advanced button.

Michael Ortega