[SOLVED] External monitor won't display on HP Omen 15 laptop ?

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, so I tried to connect my samsung monitor to my HP Omen 15 but it would not display. However, when I connect the same monitor to an HP Omen 17 laptop it works just fine.
I tried updating every driver, hard reset my computer, matching 60 hz refresh rate... nothing works. My Omen 15 laptop does show that it is connected to the display and detected it but my Samsung monitor is blank. I checked everything and all setting are identical to the Omen 17 laptop but still my Omen 15 laptop will not show anything on the Samsung screen.

Edit: so every time I plug the HDMI in, the screen zooms in a bit then zooms back out to normal.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did you toggle through the display output options (usually a FN key) to change output mode (internal only, external only, internal and external)?

When attached, does Windows "see" the additional display (device manager or display settings)?

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Did you toggle through the display output options (usually a FN key) to change output mode (internal only, external only, internal and external)?

When attached, does Windows "see" the additional display (device manager or display settings)?
Yes I already did do the FN to switch to all other output mode. when I chose external only then my main screen turn black too but nothing else happen.
When attach, window does "see" the additional display
here's the screen shot
View: https://imgur.com/a/pg3UrDa