David

I'm trying to hook up an external monitor which shows the
same information as on my laptop LCD. I've connected with
a S-Video cable to the monitor, but I'm not sure how to
do this. I've gone to "display," but I don't think I want
dualview, since I want the same information displayed.

Can anyone help me with enabling an external monitor
while I see the same information on my laptop LCD.

I'm having this exact same problem. Somehow I've managed to turn on Dual
view, and now the CRT displays an "extension" of my desktop, but not the
actual desktop itself. I just wanna see the same thing on both screens and
cannot figure out how to turn off this dual view feature.

All the Windows help docs I've found focus on the dual view feature, and not
how to turn the thing OFF! Very annoying.

"David" wrote:

> I'm trying to hook up an external monitor which shows the
> same information as on my laptop LCD. I've connected with
> a S-Video cable to the monitor, but I'm not sure how to
> do this. I've gone to "display," but I don't think I want
> dualview, since I want the same information displayed.
>
> Can anyone help me with enabling an external monitor
> while I see the same information on my laptop LCD.

It'll be the graphocs card which you need to change the properties of, not
windows. Check out it's help files to see what you need to do, but you
probably want to select mirroring.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Seamus" <Seamus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having this exact same problem. Somehow I've managed to turn on Dual
> view, and now the CRT displays an "extension" of my desktop, but not the
> actual desktop itself. I just wanna see the same thing on both screens and
> cannot figure out how to turn off this dual view feature.
>
> All the Windows help docs I've found focus on the dual view feature, and
> not
> how to turn the thing OFF! Very annoying.
>
> "David" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to hook up an external monitor which shows the
>> same information as on my laptop LCD. I've connected with
>> a S-Video cable to the monitor, but I'm not sure how to
>> do this. I've gone to "display," but I don't think I want
>> dualview, since I want the same information displayed.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with enabling an external monitor
>> while I see the same information on my laptop LCD.

Thanks Graham! That did it! The options for single, dual and mirror monitor
were in one of my nVidia control panel windows Thanks!

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> It'll be the graphocs card which you need to change the properties of, not
> windows. Check out it's help files to see what you need to do, but you
> probably want to select mirroring.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Seamus" <Seamus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having this exact same problem. Somehow I've managed to turn on Dual
> > view, and now the CRT displays an "extension" of my desktop, but not the
> > actual desktop itself. I just wanna see the same thing on both screens and
> > cannot figure out how to turn off this dual view feature.
> >
> > All the Windows help docs I've found focus on the dual view feature, and
> > not
> > how to turn the thing OFF! Very annoying.
> >
> > "David" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to hook up an external monitor which shows the
> >> same information as on my laptop LCD. I've connected with
> >> a S-Video cable to the monitor, but I'm not sure how to
> >> do this. I've gone to "display," but I don't think I want
> >> dualview, since I want the same information displayed.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help me with enabling an external monitor
> >> while I see the same information on my laptop LCD.

No problem.

--

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> It'll be the graphocs card which you need to change the properties of, not
> windows. Check out it's help files to see what you need to do, but you
> probably want to select mirroring.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes

Graham,

Was browzing threads to troubleshoot this very problem (I think). I'm not
savvy enough to know how get to the graphics card stuff much less the help
file for it in order to make the changes. Problem sounds similar. New
laptop. On two different LCDs the best I can get on the screen is the
background of my desktop, no icons, etc.. When I open something like
PowerPoint nothing appears on the LCD screen although it's just fine on the
laptop screen. Have done what I know how to do in display settings (similar
to above). Guidance?