Question External mouse will not left click while a keyboard button is pressed

Kelogen

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
I am running a Tobisha Satellite L855 series. I am using both a keyboard and mouse that is external. However, even then I cannot hold down the left mouse button while I type or press a key on the external keyboard. I am running windows ten on the system (it works fairly well) and I have no clue how to fix it. It seems the internet in general has no clue either since I have been looking for a problem related to mine, only to find my problem appears to be completely unique. If I can get a solution to this, it would make my job a lot easier.

Ralston18

Titan
Just to be sure that I understand....

What is the reason or purpose for holding down the left mouse button while typing or pressing a key on the external keyboard?

Are you working with some application or game that uses holding down the left mouse button while pressing a keyboard key?

What game or app and what is supposed to happen or be happening with the left mouse button held down and a keyboard key pressed?

Are you using any Gaming or Ease of Access configurations via "WIN" +"I" and Gaming or Ease of Access?

More information is needed.

Kelogen

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
Just to be sure that I understand....

What is the reason or purpose for holding down the left mouse button while typing or pressing a key on the external keyboard?

Are you working with some application or game that uses holding down the left mouse button while pressing a keyboard key?

What game or app and what is supposed to happen or be happening with the left mouse button held down and a keyboard key pressed?

Are you using any Gaming or Ease of Access configurations via "WIN" +"I" and Gaming or Ease of Access?

More information is needed.

I'm afraid I cannot give you much information. I can tell you however that I discovered this problem first as a minor obstacle from Portal 2, and as a barrier in World of Warcraft. This is not limited to videogames as it can happen on the browser or even the desktop. It is clearly not an application limitation as much as a limitation set by the laptop somehow.

I have not performed any deliberate configurations to the computer that I know of. To rule out the issue of a mouse hardware malfunction, I used two different mice that worked just fine on another computer as a control. Again, I have no software that optimizes gaming through the modification of settings, nor have I modified the settings related to the mouse other then changing the palm rest for the touchpad, which did not change anything honestly, touchpad or external mouse.

To be the most specific, I can move the mouse around and even right click while doing this. However I cannot left click while pressing WASD (moving around in WoW) or any other key that I have tested.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest per se.

That the problem occurs with multiple, known working mice suggests to me that the problem is software related.

Problem could be impacting the browser and desktop.

That said, I am going to move your post over to PC Gaming.

Someone in the "gaming community" may recognize the issue and be able to offer a solution.

In the meantime try running "sfc /scannow" via the command prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Just to eliminate (hopefully) the possibility of some corrupted files.

Kelogen

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
As a small update, I have finished the SFC Scan, only for it to tell me it could not fix all of the errors in the computer. I am not sure if the text file I have should be sent on the public internet so I am leaving it unposted for now. However, I will be restarting my pc to see if it makes any significant changes.

Nope, did not help.

Last edited: