[SOLVED] External SDD or HDD?

deejay413

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
Hello. I have no more room IN my small case for another hard drive. I am looking for one strictly for single player games. I have 3 tb worth of SDD for all of my other, online multiplayer games. I am looking online and see that I can get a 5tb external HDD for less than a 1tb external SDD. I know loading times are much faster on an SDD and I also know there are no moving parts etc. I am just wondering if anyone uses an external HDD for offline single player games and, if so, how is it? Thanks!!

Solution
SSD i superior to HDD if it came to performance and durability, but HDD still wins on archiving uses or long term use, so it could hold the data better than SSD that would lose it's charge. But if you plan to keep it sticked to the PC, then SSD is ok for you.
SSD i superior to HDD if it came to performance and durability, but HDD still wins on archiving uses or long term use, so it could hold the data better than SSD that would lose it's charge. But if you plan to keep it sticked to the PC, then SSD is ok for you.

Solution

deejay413

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

Thank you. It will sit on my desk. I think I will likely go with the HDD as I will get 5 times the storage for less money. I already have about 800gb in games that will need to go on it. The 1tb SSD is about $20 more than the 5tb HDD.

I just tought why dont swap 1 of the sata ssd (if there is any) with a 4/5TB of Hard drive, and use that SSD for external usage since it will survive the drop and stuffs?

Oh also for the hdd you might want to go WD Purple or Seagate skyhawk that have 64mb of cache (since its CMR).

deejay413

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
I just tought why dont swap 1 of the sata ssd (if there is any) with a 4/5TB of Hard drive, and use that SSD for external usage since it will survive the drop and stuffs?

Oh also for the hdd you might want to go WD Purple or Seagate skyhawk that have 64mb of cache (since its CMR).

I would love to, but not in the budget.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Edit: Sorry misread your post. That's not a bad idea!