[SOLVED] External Sound Card is too loud

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
I got an External Sound Card since my PC has lesser quality audio.

The thing is until now I used a cheap USB sound card and it stopped working. With that Sound Card, my volume would be 40/100. With my new External Sound Card it very loud and I have to lower it to 6/100. Also, I've noticed that after reaching 20/100 it doesn't get any louder.

Preferably I don't wanna mess around with software so I'm asking if there's a way around this via additional hardware?

I could get used to. It sounds great and I have no issues. I just want to know if something can be done.

Headphones: Sony MDR-EX15LPB
Sound Card: ASONIC C-Media N-US8CH 7.1

Solution
The two devices just could have different amp power on them. What is your Windows volume setting at? Or does the sound card you have control Windows volume as well? The headphones you are using are basic use IEMs they are not made to be used with an amplifier, which is why using an DAC with more power would make them loud.
The two devices just could have different amp power on them. What is your Windows volume setting at? Or does the sound card you have control Windows volume as well? The headphones you are using are basic use IEMs they are not made to be used with an amplifier, which is why using an DAC with more power would make them loud.

Solution