[SOLVED] External speaker not working on my monitor

May 21, 2020
I have an Acer R231 monitor that have a built in speaker and a 3.5 audio jack labeled AUDIO-IN. So what im trying to do is to have 2 playback devices on my computer which is the realtek and my monitor. I want to plug and external speaker to my monitor but its not working. When im watching movies i want to use my speaker and when im gaming, i want to use my headset. i dont want to keep unplugging my headset and speaker everytime i want to do something. Is there anyway i can use 2 playback devices given that my monitor has only audio in jack?

Solution
I have an Acer R231 monitor that have a built in speaker and a 3.5 audio jack labeled AUDIO-IN. So what im trying to do is to have 2 playback devices on my computer which is the realtek and my monitor. I want to plug and external speaker to my monitor but its not working. When im watching movies i want to use my speaker and when im gaming, i want to use my headset. i dont want to keep unplugging my headset and speaker everytime i want to do something. Is there anyway i can use 2 playback devices given that my monitor has only audio in jack?

Best solution is to use a USB DAC/headphone amp that has line level out to your powered speakers. If you have a headset you may need to either get a dac with a mic connection or use...

Best solution is to use a USB DAC/headphone amp that has line level out to your powered speakers. If you have a headset you may need to either get a dac with a mic connection or use a USB mic. I have the FX-Audio DAC 6 and have powered speakers running off that along with headphones connected at the same time. Just need to turn on the speakers to listen to them, turn off and put on headphones for headphone only use.

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Dig...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Solution