External speakers are not detected properly

spider_best9

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hello. I have an Asus UX31LA laptop, on which I just did a fresh install of windows 10. I have all the latest drivers from Asus. The problem is that the external usb speakers are not detected properly. The sound is coming out just fine and the Smart Audio software detect them when I plug/unplug the jack but aren't showing up as a separate playback device. Therefore the volume cannot be adjusted individually for each playback device. I did reinstall the drivers, I went to Sound and checked Show disconnected devices. They won't show up in playback devices.

Solution
What sound card is installed per Device Manager?

Did you check Volume Mixer specifically? Note the little downward pointing triangle under Speakers. Click there - may need to make another choice.

Failing that, go directly to the manufacturer's website to get the drivers there versus Asus or Microsoft.

Ralston18

Titan
What sound card is installed per Device Manager?

Did you check Volume Mixer specifically? Note the little downward pointing triangle under Speakers. Click there - may need to make another choice.

Failing that, go directly to the manufacturer's website to get the drivers there versus Asus or Microsoft.

Solution