[SOLVED] Extra cooling?

Jun 22, 2021
So, I have an Asus ROG Helios Full Tower. I was curious if anyone had any ideas for extra cooling in this machine.

I have three front fans set to intake, 1 rear fan set to exhaust, and the Asus Ryujin 360 MM with three fans set to intake.

All 4 case fans are the Cooler Master 140MM Halo fans
The three AIO fans are Lian Li Bora Digital 120MM RGB fans.
My GPU is mounted vertically on the horizontal brackets with the Cable Mod bracket.

I'm just curious what anyone could suggest for extra fans or anything I'm missing. I'm not sure if it would even be possible to add extra fans or SOMETHING.

Solution
A single 140mm fan will push more air than a 120mm fan at the same RPM, due to the size of the fan's blade. That being said, is the AIO and it's fans mounted to the top of the case? If so, you're just cramming air into your case, which isn't a good idea. Set the AIO to exhaust air from the top of the case, if the AIO is up there. Have the fans for the AIO in push rather than pull.
So, I have an Asus ROG Helios Full Tower. I was curious if anyone had any ideas for extra cooling in this machine.

I have three front fans set to intake, 1 rear fan set to exhaust, and the Asus Ryujin 360 MM with three fans set to intake.

All 4 case fans are the Cooler Master 140MM Halo fans
The three AIO fans are Lian Li Bora Digital 120MM RGB fans.
My GPU is mounted vertically on the horizontal brackets with the Cable Mod bracket.

I'm just curious what anyone could suggest for extra fans or anything I'm missing. I'm not sure if it would even be possible to add extra fans or SOMETHING.
Too much intake and not enough exhaust, for best cooling you need AIRFLOW and without enough of exhaust you are just cramming air in.
I would just switch radiator fans so it's exhaust.
PS
Doesn't matter if push or pull.

Lutfij

Titan
A single 140mm fan will push more air than a 120mm fan at the same RPM, due to the size of the fan's blade. That being said, is the AIO and it's fans mounted to the top of the case? If so, you're just cramming air into your case, which isn't a good idea. Set the AIO to exhaust air from the top of the case, if the AIO is up there. Have the fans for the AIO in push rather than pull.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Jun 22, 2021
Wpuld it be realistic for me to switch my front case fans to exhaust instead of the AIO? I simply just don't prefer to exhaust rising heat back down to my components.

Jun 22, 2021
True enough. I was honestly thinking of trying to attach another 140MM in the case via some sort of hax. Like, zip tying one below my rear fan or something. I really didn't want to flip my AIO fans

Jun 22, 2021
Not particularly. I'm just looking to OC my CPU a little further and I'd like to have more cooling for extra headroom. Just kind of curiois what I could do with this case without just getting a new case.

Wpuld it be realistic for me to switch my front case fans to exhaust instead of the AIO? I simply just don't prefer to exhaust rising heat back down to my components.

Keep your front intake fans as is.

I agree with your fans on the AIO be left as is as temps inside your case will never be cooler than ambient room temp. Especially if your using a none reference GPU as all the extra heat needs to be exhausted.
You can try it both ways as it's not much to change the fans around.

I noticed with my setup a creditable difference when I installed Air conditioning and switched my fans around to intake.
Also I kicked all my fans for ML and dropped my noise level when under load. ML are more efficient and last longer.

Jun 22, 2021
Ah! I was also thinking I might not have bought optimal fans for my setup, too. Which is why I listed them. I know I want higher airflow for case fans and higher static pressure for my radiator, but I didn't really do enough research before buyinh admittedly.