Extra Crysis 2 Screenshots: NYC at Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Hmm.... I gotta say that the little enjoyment I got from playing crysis came from the fact that the setting was the in Jungle...Dunno how this will be.. Guess we will find out soon enough...

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I have to agree with Cobot. There are so many games that take place in urban areas, and crysis was unique in the sense that it was set on an island in a jungle that actually looked good, unlike some COD games' jungle scenery *cough cough*.

Regardless, I will be getting this on its first day release and will cherish the opportunity to play another crytek/CryEngine game!

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
This makes me cry!!
I'm afraid that even my new system might die trying to run it..
I hope that developing it for consoles means better graphics AND performance on the PC platform..

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Finally a semi-freeroam first person shooter with massively destructive environments, amazing visuals, awesome performance (to be tested!), amazing physics and firefights!

This is going to be the killer game i reckon! one that console users may very well appreciate for a VERY long time!

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Think I'm gonna wait on reviews for this one. Crysis was great for a few hours before I hit the aliens, whose main weapon was boredom/making all of my suit powers feel irrelevant.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]cobot[/nom]Hmm.... I gotta say that the little enjoyment I got from playing crysis came from the fact that the setting was the in Jungle...Dunno how this will be.. Guess we will find out soon enough...[/citation]

You're still fighting in a jungle here, it's just concrete... ;)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]You're still fighting in a jungle here, it's just concrete...[/citation]

Oh how that reminds me of that xbox game, "Predator: Concrete Jungle"

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I live in New York, and I can tell you those screenshots look absolutely amazing. Metlife building looks photorealistic. So does Grand Central Terminal.

I hope the gameplay is fun though. I enjoyed the first one.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Although I loved Far Cry - After the horrifically unoptimized hardware junkie that was Crysis, and the boring flop that was Far Cry 2, Crytek has something to prove.
If this game isn't amazing in every aspect, I'll be considering Crytek a developer of benchmarking tools.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Although I loved Far Cry - After the horrifically unoptimized hardware junkie that was Crysis, and the boring flop that was Far Cry 2, Crytek has something to prove. If this game isn't amazing in every aspect, I'll be considering Crytek a developer of benchmarking tools.[/citation]
Um.... Crytek didn't make Far Cry 2. That was Ubisoft... It didn't even use Cryengine 2....

jsigur

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Far Cry was a much better game than Crysis and, yes it did feel much like a benchmarking tool with storyline as an afterthought

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
EA is taking pre-orders for PC...$59.95 :( Looks like PC games are jumping up to the "premium" price as well (Medal of Honor also $59.95). Guess I'll wait a few of months...

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jednx01[/nom]Um.... Crytek didn't make Far Cry 2. That was Ubisoft... It didn't even use Cryengine 2....[/citation]Ubisoft developed the game, but 1)It was a spawn of Far Cry, and 2)The Dunia engine was based heavily on the Cryengine.
My point is that even though Crytek didn't create the game, the game would not exist without them. Far Cry 2 is part of the Cryengine legacy.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
For me Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are 5 star games.

Didn´t like Fear, and Far Cry 2 was one of the most boring games I´ve ever tried, it also had an horrible shooting system. Thank god I didn´t bought it.

Looking forward to Crysis 2.

bstm300

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Well the opposite is happening for Max Payne. Max Payne 3 is moving from New York to the Favelas of Brazil. What a weird change, eh?

[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Ubisoft developed the game, but 1)It was a spawn of Far Cry, and 2)The Dunia engine was based heavily on the Cryengine.My point is that even though Crytek didn't create the game, the game would not exist without them. Far Cry 2 is part of the Cryengine legacy.[/citation]

Your point makes no sense. Make infinity ward made Call of Duty 1, 2, MW: 4, and MW 4-2 (basically the only good ones) while the other companies produced mediocre versions (namely 3 and 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS