evolive

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
i just got a raid mobo and well my case isn't really the biggest and it's rather a mid-tower :p

currently i have 3 hdd, and 2 cdroms hooked up and i plan on hooking up 1 more hdd...

but then since i have more hdd laying around... i want to add them to it too...

so i want to make like a custom bay so that i can mount it on the buttom of the case...

get the idea? i was thinking abou wood but then does that work? metal is kind of hard to use since i dont have a tools... but if someone can lead me to the right directions i'd be happy :)

cool thanx!

bye

Current System Spec:
IWill DBD100: Dual P2 400MHz MMX; PC-100 4x128MB

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Why don't you find an old case and use the Hard Drive bay from that. Then tap a screw in it to hold it at the bottom of the case. I have an old AT case here that has three spots to hold two three and a half inch drives. I would just find something like that to add to your case.

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
there is also a trick that you an do, if there is space under the hard drive rack.
you take a slot cover, and drill holes in it (i am assuming that you have a drill, since you are thinking about using wood, anyways, most people have a drill... :wink: )
you drill one hole to attatch it to the hard drive that is in the rack that is full. then you drill another hole for each har drive you want to add.
just measure, and space the hard drives like they would be in the rack.
<A HREF="http://www.gideontech.com/guides/xtrahd/" target="_new">http://www.gideontech.com/guides/xtrahd/</A>
check that out, they have a step by step guide.
if i run out of hard drive spaces, i am going to do this...
it makes sense.
and i am sure that if you think it is going to be flimsy, then you can reinforce it with another slot cover, just screw it to the front panel of the metal in your case.
that should work.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

You say you have 2 CD drives. Do you have a spare 5.25 slot?

If so, get a 5.25 to 3.5 converter housing thingy.

ROFL. I can never remember the names of those things.

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:

svol

Champion
I used some Mecanno (or whatever it is named) to enlarge my drive bays, I now have 4 drives running in an enlarged bay for 2 drives.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .