Question Extra RAM RGB lights up but the RAM itself is not detected

Apr 10, 2021
Motherboard: B550 Aorus Elite - BIOS: F12
RAM: Adata D60G 64GB 3600 CL 18
Processor: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: GT 1030

New system. Installed 4 sticks of RAM but only 2 are detected. Each stick works on its own. I tried my friend's RAM and it's the same problem. The rgb lights up and I can tinker with but no detection for speed and capacity. My ram fully works on my friend's motherboard. Is it the bios or something? I can't imagine the mobo being faulty as it is brand new. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include RAM specs.

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and manufacturer's website for supported RAM and supported RAM configurations.

One immediate thing to check on is the physically RAM installation process. Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be inserted into a specific slot.

Apr 10, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include RAM specs.

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and manufacturer's website for supported RAM and supported RAM configurations.

One immediate thing to check on is the physically RAM installation process. Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be inserted into a specific slot.
Sorry about that. I went ahead and updated the post.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What if you try the usb flashback option?

L2igqkR.png

xeIRGXj.png

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Wel might be motherboard then or the memory controller on the cpu will not have it. Only thing to suggest to you is to get in touch with Gigabyte support, tell them also that a bios update won't work next to the unwilling 4x16gb sticks.

Apr 10, 2021
Motherboard: Aorus elite b550
BIOS: f12
RAM: XPG D60G 64GB 3600 CL18
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

I have 4 RAM sticks but Task Manager (and the whole system) only detects 2. I can tinker with RGB with no problem. BIOS doesn't update for some reason. Other RAM when installed faces the same problem