[SOLVED] Extra RGB

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Looking to put in two RGB fans and RGB strips and not sure what i need to or if i can connect them to the MB RGB header. Thers only 1 header. I have already two RGB fans connected.
MB: Asus ROG STRIX B360-F gaming.
Case: MC H500 mesh with 2 x 200mm rgb fans.

Can i Just get a splitter for the header?

Solution
You can use a spiltter if they are the same type. There are two types of ARGB:

1 - 12V. It uses a 4 pin connector
2 - 5V. Uses a 3 pin connector

Note that you cannot use the 4 pin on a 3 pin, or a 4 pin on a 3pin. It may cause some damage

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
You can use a spiltter if they are the same type. There are two types of ARGB:

1 - 12V. It uses a 4 pin connector
2 - 5V. Uses a 3 pin connector

Note that you cannot use the 4 pin on a 3 pin, or a 4 pin on a 3pin. It may cause some damage
Hi,

You can use splitter cable but you should take care of how much amps fans and strips draws for RGB lightning. You can check that on your fan manufacturer web site. Also, you have to check how much amps your motheboard can deliver. Usually 1 meter of led strip uses 1A of power. But it depends of how much leds there is on 1 meter of strip. Usually the best solution is to use RGB hub which connects to RGB header on motherboard and on sata power supply. That way you can use much more headers and much more amps directly from power supply. Some hubs can support both RGB and PWM function for fans. That way you can connect all of your fans to same hub and control both RGB and PWM function from motherboard. Be sure that you have 4 PIN fans in order to use PWM function because it won't work if you have 3 PIN fans. If you find that power supplied from motherboard is enough, you can use splitter cable. For example Asus Z390E has two RGB headers and each one can deliver 3A of power. You should check of how much power your header can deliver. And last but not least, be sure to use 4 PIN RGB cables, not 3 PIN cables.

Reactions: KawaTom

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Been on vecation and bought a new motorbike so have forgoten this rbg fan.
Just starte to look at it again and from what i can see is that the rgb header has 4pin 12v and delivery 3A?

Isent easy to find the specs on Asus page.