Question Extract router data from wan port?

Mar 9, 2019
I once saw that some routers could auto setup to ur internet connection by connecting it to the wan port of ur old router. It would automatically setup the pppoe or pptp. My question is can I get my pppoe/pptp credentials from my router by using a similar method?

Last edited:
I'm not clear what you're asking for. The scenario you describe is for daisy-chaining (cascading) routers, which is roughly making yourself an ISP. The second part (I assume) is "Can I grab PPPOE credentials from an already connected router"? You need to get into admin page of the master router, and hope that PPPOE credentials are visible.

Mar 9, 2019
What I remember seeing ( I remember it being one company but I can't remember it's name) is u would boot up ur new router and connect it to ur old one through it's wan port. Then the new router would take the pppoe/pptp info from the old router and auto setup. Now u can get rid of the old router and connect the modem to the new router. My question was that if the new router can get the info through the wan port it means there should be some way to getmy hands on the pppoe/pptp data using a PC or some other method.