Status
Not open for further replies.

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
Hi thank you all for taking a look at this! I've been bombarded and to be honest, demoralized by an insane amount of BSODs dating back all the way to early November of 2019. I'm at my wits end, and I'm looking to put a stop to this soon because I'm sure after over at least 100 BSODs (probs closer to 200) this is speeding up the wear and tear on my PC, and that is one thing that I am not gonna let happen. I'm not 100% sure why it's taken me months to consult much better equipped and knowledgeable people to help me with this.

But before, I start, I warn that this is gonna be quite a long post, as I attempt to detail almost everything I could possibly remember (I'm sure I'll miss a few things that will come to mind later on as I reply back though), in order to save everyone some time with trouble-shooting things that I've already done. So bear with me, I hope you guys don't mind the length of this post. Every bit of help is appreciated.

Here below are the Specs of the Self Built PC:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO RGB Black Edition 57.3CFM
MoBo: MSi MPG X570 Gaming Plus (No WiFi ; I run a CAT6 Ethernet @ 1GBps Up/Down)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ICX 11GB GDDR5X
RAM: 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600MHz CL16 RAM (16-19-19-19-39)
HDD: 2TB Seagate 7200RPM
SSD: 1x 250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1x 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
Monitors: 2x MSi Optix MAG240MVC 24" VA Monitor
PSU: 750W G.Skill RIPJAWS 80+ Gold
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed
Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300
Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I've never come across an issue that I couldn't fix eventually with relentless researching, and some willpower. I've tried, almost everything I can think of or have come across through intense research online. I'm quite sure there is more, and tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I'm gonna try to do a full Windows Re-installation. I just did one but without wiping personal files and apps. Clearly that did not do anything since it BSOD'd immediately after firing up an actual game in MyLeague NBA2K20. The reason why I'm detailing the game, is because the blue-screens mainly began and still happen with NBA 2K19 mostly; I've just installed NBA 2K20 a few days ago in hopes that a different game would not result in the same BS. I play many other games like Rainbow Six: Siege, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019, Escape from Tarkov, SQUAD, etc and almost none of those games I just listed causes any BSOD issue besides CoD. But somehow NBA 2K games have caused the majority of crashes in terms of games, it's happened 3 times in 2 other games (Kingdoms and Castles & CoD MW) , but again they were just one or two time things and have not happened in months. Maybe 1/3rd of the time I'm using Steam's Remote Play in NBA 2K games with a friend, and they happen then very frequently. I originally thought that was the culprit. Clearly not because it happens when I'm not firing up Remote Play. It happens much less in MyCareer mode, but still every so often. As of the past 2 months, they've been happening a lot in random moments outside of games. Often times I go AFK, have no games running and it's BSOD'd. Things that are running in that moment are Firefox, sometimes Chrome/Brave, EVGA Precision X OC, a surveillance monitoring app I have on the 2nd monitor all the time called Night Owl X CMS, Discord Canary, and Steam.

I have tried many things. Without going into too much detail on each. It is worth noting that a lot of these issues happened after I got my K95 Platinum Keyboard and the GTX 1080 Ti. They could be culprits but I'm not even sure at all. Before my current RAM Kit listed above that I purchased less than a week ago, I was running 2x8 GB of G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz CL14 RAM. BSODs have not changed regardless of different RAM kits. I bought new RAM thinking for sure that it was a faulty RAM stick or both. Clearly not.

Below is a list of almost everything I've tried, and some haven't tried. Most are bad news or inconclusive:
- Reseating RAM sticks / switching them around too on both Kits

• Running single stick for at least 12 hours on both Kits
    • Ran Memtest x86 on both Kits for 4 passes about twice each because they make you pay for the whole damn thing if you want 8 passes; all of which have come up clean
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic on both kits for a total of 6 times or so by now all of which have come up clean of errors
    • Disabled A-XMP Profiles on both kits, single or dual
    • Ran single and dual sticks at stock / base 2133MHz & 2400 MHz memory, same and consistent BSODs
    • Manually OC'd RAM sticks to advertised speeds in BIOS, still BSOD
    • Updated BIOS through every iteration listed on the Manufacturer's Website
    • Updated AMD Chipset Driver straight from the Manufacturer's Website
    • Updated RealTek PCIe Lan to the latest driver straight from the Manufacturer's Website
    • Updated RealTek HD UAD Audio to the latest driver straight from the Manufacturer's Website
    • Ran PC through both Prime95 & IntelBurnTest for 14-16 back to back at maximum to stress it and see if it causes a BSOD, none.
    • Ran Windows Driver Verifier many times through regular use (no games); always says ntoskrnl.exe when checking through Windbg, BlueScreenViewer, WhoCrashed
    • Attempted to try and cause a BSOD with Driver Verifier after 3 straight BSODs in less than 12 hours, 2 from game, 1 when AFK. This took 3 tries totaling some 16 hours of both playing and letting the game sit idle with and without alt-tab before it finally BSOD'd overnight when I was asleep. The result when checking BlueScreenViewer? ntoskrnl.exe. (I know it's not the blame)
    • Updated all drivers both auto-search through Windows Update or Manual Update in the following Device Manager categories Audio inputs & outputs, Disk Drives, Display Adapters, IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, Keyboards, Mice & Other Pointing Devices, Network Adapters, Ports (COM & LPT)
Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Storage Controllers, System Devices, USB & Xbox Peripherals

• Because I play a lot of sports Games, I use a controller, and I've attempted to look for updates to the Xbox Controllers thinking they could be the issue. Haven't been successful. BSODs happen with or without controller plugged in via USB.
    • Updated Firmware and Driver for iCUE (Corsair Keyboard app)
    • Updated Firmware and Driver for Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset + upgraded Audio Control Box (physical upgrade)
    • Updated Steelseries Engine Firmware & Driver for Steelseries Rival 300 Mouse
    • Installed every Windows Update since November 2019
    • Reinstalled windows 5 hours ago, without removing Personal Apps & Files. Have not tried clean wipe yet.
    • Have even rolledback Window Updates several times
    • Ran DDU to uninstall Nvidia Drivers completely in Safe Mode, reinstall current or updated Drivers. Still BSOD like crazy. I've even tried rolling back Drivers a few or just right before the October 2019 updates.
    • Uninstalled and Reinstalled GPU in Device Manager
    • Updated via Auto-Search and Manually via Device Manager for the GPU as stated before.
    • Also ran PC through Heavens Unigine 4.0, Valley Benchmark, Furmark through both Graphics and CPU Stress Test for hours, no BSODs
    • Have run Cinebench R15 & R20 without causing any BSODs
    • Just ran 3DMark yesterday, and this is where it gets interested but again, I'm not sure. The benchmark wouldn't ever finish because it gets an error on the Graphics 2 Test. It happened 3 times, and on the 4th yesterday it BSOD'd, giving me the stopcode "Bad Pool Caller"; It's worth noting that my 1080 Ti score obviously is skewed but without overclock, without G-Sync running, it gets at most 9270 scored which is much lower than most 1080 Ti scores I've seen. GPU doesn't struggle in any games I play, regardless of settings at upscaled 1440p even on Ultra cranking well over 100 fps.
    • Ran games with and without temp / performance monitoring softwares(HWInfo, Precision X OC, AMD Ryzen Master, Dragon Center, etc). Under full load from heavy and intensive benchmarks, neither GPU or CPU exceed 72C ever on average. In games, never seen either above 70C. By sense, when I place my hand on the PC, it's never hot either, just to make sure the readings are remotely accurate and nothing is really frying inside.
    • I use Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste on my CPU with more than enough.
    • Have tried SFC/ Scannow numerous times on all drives; same with Chkdsk. All positive results.
    • Defrag every 2-3 weeks or so, no change.
    • Using Computer in Power Saver Mode vs Balanced and AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Mode

These are all I can think of for now, there are probably more. I've done almost everything short of reinstalling Windows entirely and wiping the C Drive clean (I did in September 2019) since the BSODs happened, I have yet to update BIOS for my specific GPU because I haven't figured out how to properly do it or if any drivers listed on TechPowerUp's website are official drivers, nor do I know how to back the original BIOS update. Haven't taken it to a technician's store to have it looked at either.

The most frequent Stopcode Errors I get are (in no specific order):
- KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE

• KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Occasionally a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, KERNEL_THREAD_PRIORITY_FLOOR_VIOLATION _ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_READONLY_MEMORY , DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH here and there.

As of late, there's been a big increase in, almost all happening outside of a game:

• ATTEMPTED_TO_EXECUTE_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
    [*]PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Most of the blamed "driver address" are ntoskrnl.exe in fact I'm willing to say about 98% of them are. Other times there's been FLTMGR.SYS, BAM.sys, Npfs.sys and HAL.dll based on BlueScreenViewer, WhoCrashed, and Windbg. I reinstalled Windows entirely back in September 2019, with some of the same BSODs, like System Service Exception, Kmode Exception Not Handled, and IRQL Not Less or Equal. But after reinstall they were gone for 2 months. Before September I've never had more than 1 BSOD on this same computer despite vastly different parts across the board. Another thing worth addressing is when mid game especially in the 2K sports games, the game crashes a lot, and I'm not sure if that's a driver acting up or the game itself being poorly optimized. When it doesn't crash, it blue-screens or if neither, the Surveillance Camera app NightOwlX CMS crashes inexplicably everytime. Sometimes Discord crashes along with Precision X OC. This does not happen in any other game, aside from when it happens randomly with no games running.

I've done everything short of reinstalling Windows entirely again, updating GPU BIOS (if it's possible for mine), taking it to a local technician and pay to have it resolved, or just straight up shooting it.

I have the last 11 or so BSODs within the last 2 days, uploaded to OneDrive. Any previous ones I've missed, which is a lot, I have 3-4 BSODs copied and pasted into a text file; I'll copy and paste in a reply if need be, but below are the 11 dumps

Mini-Dump Links:

03/09/2020

03/11/2020

03/12/2020

03/13/2020 (1)

03/13/2020 (2)

03/13/2020 (3)

03/13/2020 (4)

03/14/2020 (1)

03/14/2020 (2)

03/14/2020 (3)

03/15/2020

Again, any bit of help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking your time to read this extremely long post!

Last edited:

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
How old is your PC?
May be your PSU is creating the problem.

I built this PC in 2017, but a lot of parts have changed since then. Prior to any of the recent BSODs, I had my PSU since around February of 2019, nothing really happened until September & November

I don't know if any particular part could be the reason for fault but I'll list the ones I've made changes to within the last year, as follows:

EVGA 500W -> G.Skill RipJaws 750W
Acer KG240 144Hz TN Panel -> 2x MSi Optix MAG240MVC VA Panel
Redragon K551 RGB VARA -> Corsair K95 Platinum
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 -> AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSi B350 Tomahawk -> MSi X570 Gaming Plus
EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW2 -> EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
2x8 GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz CL14 -> 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600MHZ CL16

Parts I've added (not replaced):

1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Opted out of stock Wraith Prism cooler that came with the 3700X CPU for a Hyper 212 EVO RGB Black Edition

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
I just stepped away for about 20 minutes and came back to this (Minidump). Had Modern Warfare in the menu screen at the time but I was alt-tabbed.

And this is the first time I've seen the nvlddmkm.sys driver along with ntoskrnl.exe show up as an address that's blamed. Seems to be a Nvidia driver.
BlueScreenView_03_15_2020BSOD.jpg

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://guardianbasket.htmlpasta.com/
File information:031520-8515-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 03:04:20)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:031420-8562-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 14:02:02)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: LEDSync.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:031420-12171-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 23:51:56)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:win32kbase.sys (Process: LEDSync.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:031420-11640-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 04:45:40)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8953-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 00:34:46)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_THREAD_PRIORITY_FLOOR_VIOLATION (157)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: NBA2K19.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8203-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 14:00:58)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:Npfs.SYS (Process: NBA2K19.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8140-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 22:36:44)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:031320-7843-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 22:04:13)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031220-15031-01.dmp (Mar 12 2020 - 00:33:03)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: DiscordCanary.)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:031120-8531-01.dmp (Mar 11 2020 - 12:42:51)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: windirstat.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS
As you stated, it appears you recently updated BIOS (from A5 to A7). You have the latest version installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit: I missed the last dump, I'll read it later if needed. I also only did the 10 newest (out of 11 posted above).

Reactions: _Treadstone

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
I left my computer alone and went AFK from 5:18 PM (last message recorded on Discord) until about 10 minutes ago, and I found my computer in log-in window mode. Every-time that has happened, it was a BSOD. But much like the case in January and February, for whatever reason, none of the BSODs were being logged in the dumps. Not sure why, I have more than the recommended and sufficient space in the SSD for it to be logged.

Here's a screenshot of my entire screen, displaying both WhoCrashed and BlueScreenViewer on the left + EventViewer's administrative events on the right. At the time, I had only Discord Canary, Precision X OC, iCue, and the surveillance app Night Owl X CMS running. No Firefox, no Steam.
03_15_2020_1753BSOD.jpg

Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://guardianbasket.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031420-8562-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 14:02:02)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: LEDSync.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:031420-12171-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 23:51:56)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:031420-11640-01.dmp (Mar 14 2020 - 04:45:40)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8953-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 00:34:46)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_THREAD_PRIORITY_FLOOR_VIOLATION (157)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: NBA2K19.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8203-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 14:00:58)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:Npfs.SYS (Process: NBA2K19.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:031320-8140-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 22:36:44)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:031320-7843-01.dmp (Mar 13 2020 - 22:04:13)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:031220-15031-01.dmp (Mar 12 2020 - 00:33:03)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: DiscordCanary.)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:031120-8531-01.dmp (Mar 11 2020 - 12:42:51)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: windirstat.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS
As you stated, it appears you recently updated BIOS (from A5 to A7). You have the latest version installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit: I missed the last dump, I'll read it later if needed. I also only did the 10 newest (out of 11 posted above).

Hi Gardenman! Thanks for the analysis, and don't sweat the last one, I appreciate you went through even 5 of them for me haha.

I actually came across the NTIOLib_X64.sys like 2 days ago, in my MSi Command Center folder. Should I get rid of that?

Colif

Win 11 Master
they look like Nvidia Driver crashes.
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162) has win32kbase!DrvEnumDisplayDevices+5f3 as part of the dump text.

considering none of the 10 dumps gardenman converted mention any drivers as potential causes mentioned in dump text, it makes it difficult. You had errors I have never seen before.

I do tend to blame Nvidia drivers for errors a lot, but i don't think they are the innocent ones. All I do is answer BSOD posts. Maybe I am biased. I have noticed new drivers don't like the 10 series.

Now you ran DDU but did you ever try running windows update after and letting it find drivers. They are still Nvidia drivers, just older.

Lutfij

Titan
I would suggest installing the drivers manually, in an elevated command, after downloading it from Nvidia's support site. Yes you can use Windows Update to source the drivers but it's best you manually install your drivers.

This is a follow up to using DDU, that is by far the most comprehensive driver uninstaller for GPU's.

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
Last night I used Revo Uninstaller Pro 4.2.3 and did some deep scanning onto MSiRegister, deleted and uninstalled it along with registries linking to other MSi bloatware ish products that removed Command Center as well. Command Center's folder had the NTIOLib_x64.sys file in it. All of it was deleted, thinking I may have fixed it, I fired up NBA 2K19 because that's what triggers the BSODs the most, and almost instantaneously going into a game, it blue-screened, so def not the fix though it was well worth the try.

I ran SysNativeFileBSOD CollectionApp before the crash, so below is the most recent BSOD from last night and the Sysnative zip file:

03/16/2020 BSOD Dump

SysNativeFileBSODCollection Zip File
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162) has win32kbase!DrvEnumDisplayDevices+5f3 as part of the dump text.

considering none of the 10 dumps gardenman converted mention any drivers as potential causes mentioned in dump text, it makes it difficult. You had errors I have never seen before.

I do tend to blame Nvidia drivers for errors a lot, but i don't think they are the innocent ones. All I do is answer BSOD posts. Maybe I am biased. I have noticed new drivers don't like the 10 series.

Now you ran DDU but did you ever try running windows update after and letting it find drivers. They are still Nvidia drivers, just older.

I would suggest installing the drivers manually, in an elevated command, after downloading it from Nvidia's support site. Yes you can use Windows Update to source the drivers but it's best you manually install your drivers.

This is a follow up to using DDU, that is by far the most comprehensive driver uninstaller for GPU's.

From what you guys are saying; I should run DDU again the same way as before? But manually install it via Device Manager's given options, instead of reinstalling by going to Nvidia's GeForce Drivers site?

As in drop down on Display Adapter, then right click Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti , go to Update Driver & Search automatically for updated driver software or Browse my computer & Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer ? With the second option, is that what you mean by manually install? And if so, should I try an older driver first?

One more question. Install in Elevated Command. Enlighten me, please?
Thanks!

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the 2 new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://plumularkappa.htmlpasta.com/
File information:031620-8171-01.dmp (Mar 16 2020 - 03:11:18)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:031520-9265-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 14:46:01)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:Pool_Corruption (Process: LEDSync.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

Edit:
Results for dump below: https://fasciatearctichare.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031620-8531-01.dmp (Mar 16 2020 - 15:58:42)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

Last edited:

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
I ran the 2 new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://plumularkappa.htmlpasta.com/
File information:031620-8171-01.dmp (Mar 16 2020 - 03:11:18)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:031520-9265-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 14:46:01)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:Pool_Corruption (Process: LEDSync.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

Thanks again! The dumps from all the previous ones I've had just blame all sorts of things, so I doubt LEDSync.exe is the culprit behind all of this but it's the RGB controlling software that comes with Precision X OC.

EVGA_LEDSync.jpg

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020

I'm not quite sure if I did it right, but I ran DDU again in safe mode, then got back into normal boot. Opened Device Manager, and did a search by Windows Update to update the driver. Restarted the computer after it, I think it said I already had the latest driver, oddly enough. Regardless, this was the driver version dating back to 07/24/2019

Device Manager and me opening up the task bar panel right clicking Nvidia just to show that GeForce Experience isn't installed in anyway. Just default Nvidia Control Panel.
Post_DDU_NvidiaDriver.jpg

Immediately, I started up Steam and opened up 2K19, with those two, Precision X OC, Surveillance Monitoring software running. iCue wasn't running nor was Firefox and Discord Canary. 2K19 ran very well for about 4-5 minutes before the game crashed itself. At some point the Surveillance Monitoring process crashed as well and needed to reload. Fired up 2K19 again, then to 2K20; that crashed too. Back to 2K19 before I finally blue-screened. Here's a pic of BlueScreenViewer & WhoCrashed, and the link to the BSOD

03_16_2020%282%29BSOD_after_DDU_OldNvidiaDriver.jpg

03_16_2020(2) Minidump

Colif

Win 11 Master
3 BSOD showing on sysnative but only 2 dump files for those days
@gardenman look at the sysnative collection zip, it has 5 dumps and one is from 15th that wasn't shown above. 031520.8515

its probably just the same app crashing - LEDsync.exe. Its the victim, not the cause. Its used by motherboard for LED light colour schemes. last 2 dumps look like GPU drivers (I haven't seen the latest one you linked yet). Does the gpu have rgb that is controlled by this program?

i assume you know you have Precision X installed (as I was going to ask why this was there otherwise as I knew it wasn't the Intel purpose)
May 01 2013 WinRing0x64.sys Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool or BatteryCare by OpenLibSys.org or Throttlestop (Properties say: OpenLibSys.org) or EVGA Precision X https://www.evga.com/

trying to see how gpu errors could cause rgb lighting app to keep crashing. its likely another driver thinks it owns the memory allocated to LEDSync.

have you tried either trying another GPU in PC or swapping GPU into another PC to see if it causes any errors there.
Just ran 3DMark yesterday, and this is where it gets interested but again, I'm not sure. The benchmark wouldn't ever finish because it gets an error on the Graphics 2 Test. It happened 3 times, and on the 4th yesterday it BSOD'd, giving me the stopcode "Bad Pool Caller"; It's worth noting that my 1080 Ti score obviously is skewed but without overclock, without G-Sync running, it gets at most 9270 scored which is much lower than most 1080 Ti scores I've seen. GPU doesn't struggle in any games I play, regardless of settings at upscaled 1440p even on Ultra cranking well over 100 fps.
try running this in another PC on same GPU.

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
3 BSOD showing on sysnative but only 2 dump files for those days
@gardenman look at the sysnative collection zip, it has 5 dumps and one is from 15th that wasn't shown above. 031520.8515

its probably just the same app crashing - LEDsync.exe. Its the victim, not the cause. Its used by motherboard for LED light colour schemes. last 2 dumps look like GPU drivers (I haven't seen the latest one you linked yet). Does the gpu have rgb that is controlled by this program?

i assume you know you have Precision X installed (as I was going to ask why this was there otherwise as I knew it wasn't the Intel purpose)
May 01 2013 WinRing0x64.sys Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool or BatteryCare by OpenLibSys.org or Throttlestop (Properties say: OpenLibSys.org) or EVGA Precision X https://www.evga.com/

trying to see how gpu errors could cause rgb lighting app to keep crashing. its likely another driver thinks it owns the memory allocated to LEDSync.

have you tried either trying another GPU in PC or swapping GPU into another PC to see if it causes any errors there.

try running this in another PC on same GPU.

LEDSync is kind of like an attachment to EVGA Precision X1 (Idk why I've been calling it X OC as of late, apologies) and it controls only my GPU's lights as far as I know. I do realize, and often feel that I have 3 different RGB light softwares that probably don't work in harmony. My Corsair keyboard has iCue, my Motherboard with its limited lights and the RGB sticks rely on MSi's own Mystic Light and the GPU relying on LEDSync. Idk if all of these or even 2 of them are in conflict with one another. I also recently disabled Mystic Light from having any overlapping control over my Corsair keyboard lights.

I do not have another PC laying around at my disposal unfortunately. I do however, have my previous GTX 1070 Ti sitting around.

Edit:

Also, before I do any of this GPU Swapping out, do you think it's trying to uninstall and reinstall Precision X1 or just, maybe not using it (unfortunately no alternative since this is ICX)?

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
To post a image, upload the image to https://imgur.com. It will give you code that you can use here. There's also a "Insert Image" (Ctrl-P) that you can use on the editor here. You can edit your posts too by choosing "Edit" at the bottom of a post.

Results from the dump file I missed (I think): https://villainousbook.htmlpasta.com/

Edit: Results from dump file below: https://pistillatesummer.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031720-8703-01.dmp (Mar 17 2020 - 13:18:47)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

Last edited:

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
Tried playing Modern Warfare earlier with old 07/24/2019 Nvidia Driver, played 2-3 minutes, until the whole screen went black and white because the driver doesn't support the new game. Updated Nvidia Driver manually, by running the newest Nvidia Driver 442.59 with Administrator Privileges. Performed a clean install of just the driver and Physx without HD Audio Driver or installing GeForce Experience.

Went back to playing Modern Warfare for about half an hour without crashing until it blue-screened suddenly. Had Surveillance app running, Corsair iCue running, no EVGA Precision X1 or LEDSync running. Ran the dump on Windbg, it blamed it on Firefox which was tabbed out of.

Here's the dump:
03/17/2020 Minidump

Here's what BlueScreenViewer & WhoCrashed reported:

View: https://imgur.com/a/WzhoyBC

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the 2 new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://shellierqueen.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031820-8515-01.dmp (Mar 18 2020 - 12:22:26)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:ks.sys (Process: ModernWarfare.)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:031720-8625-01.dmp (Mar 17 2020 - 18:26:12)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

Colif may reply later today with more help.

Reactions: _Treadstone

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
I have a very similar problem as you are (even the error codes are exactly the same) and I made a thread too (for reference https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...atest-build-3700x-x470.3579352/#post-21610090 )
I have tried pretty much exactly the same list of things as you did.
Are your game crashes just a process terminations without additional error windows?

Modern Warfare crashes every so often, and I get error messages related to DEV ERROR ### but after searching them up, they're normal crashes that plenty of other people have ( who do not BSOD like I do).

But otherwise, yes. They're literally just process terminations, no error messages in NBA 2K19/2K20, or Modern Warfare or any other game that it's happened to. I also play quite a bit of Rainbow Six: Siege, and that game will never cause a BSOD or crash like the other ones I've mentioned.

Mar 6, 2020
@_Treadstone yes, this is exactly what I'm having (different games tho) and I have other games that never crash too while most bsods happen while low to mid load.
I have noticed that tinkering with power saving options in bios increases the bsod frequency. I'm fairly sure it's not a software problem.

_Treadstone

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
@_Treadstone yes, this is exactly what I'm having (different games tho) and I have other games that never crash too while most bsods happen while low to mid load.
I have noticed that tinkering with power saving options in bios increases the bsod frequency. I'm fairly sure it's not a software problem.

What are your specs? Outside of the 3700X. What MoBo more specifically and GPU, cooler. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS