• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Extreme FPS drop

Nov 15, 2019
I noticed that my games started to run very slow to the point where i can't even play them (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 ). I downloaded MSI Afterburner and saw that FPS would drop dramatically. As the game starts it would show about 140 FPS or higher and within a matter of seconds it would drop to less than 10 FPS. I have tried many things like changing settings, and disabling game mode and a whole bung of other stuff on youtube lol but nothing seems to work. I tested other games and its the same (Shadow of WAR, Arma 3, Modern Warfare 2 etc). I thought it was my internet but the speed stays very steady well above 200 mgbs. I have no idea what is causing this as this is a new gaming pc build. I ran MSI Afterburner while playing COD 2019 with the on-screen display to see the info and the GPU temp stays steady at 84°C and at 100% when gaming, CPU doesn't go past 36°C or more than 15-18% usage, Ram 6528 mb. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These are my specs
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 (XC Ultra)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO (1TB), NVMe Samsung SSD 970 (2TB)
Windows 10

Nov 15, 2019
gpu at 100%? what resolution? what if you lower the detail?
That's what it says with the MSI AB. Res 2560x1080. I have and still get the same results. This just randomly started today. The PC was running all games amazingly with ultra settings

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D PC Gaming 15