Question EXTREME FPS ISSUES RTX 3070 BRAND NEW

Jun 29, 2022
I just got my PC yesterday and it just seems like there is something severely wrong with the GPU. I installed all drivers/windows updates but it just seems to be running slow. I tried playing warzone and am getting 10-20 FPS, tried on Halo as well with the same results. GPU - GEFORCE RTX 3070 -- CPU - RYZEN 7 3700X -- MOBO - Asrock B550M-C . Everything I do on this PC just feels extremely laggy, I just can't seem to figure it out after trying some things I saw in other forums. Any help is honestly greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jun 29, 2022
Thanks for the responses. The RAM is 16GB Tforce 3200. XMP - not sure, is that something in the Bios? In response to Phaaze88, here are more specs. I’m sort of a noob with this stuff so i’m not really sure what monitoring thermals means, if that is temps the temps seemed fine when running Warzone. Looking forward to more responses, thank you guys.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.90 GHz
Processor Main Features : 64 bit 8-Core 16-Thread Processor
Cache Per Processor : 32 MB L3 Cache
Memory : 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Storage : 1 TB NVMe SSD
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GDDR6
Power Supply : 80 Plus Gold Certified 650W
Case : Skytech Chronos Case, White Edition with Front Mesh
Cooling System : 4 x ARGB Dual Ring Fans
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Chipset : AMD B550
CPU Type : Ryzen 7 3rd Gen
CPU Speed : 3700X (3.60 GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU : 32 MB
CPU Main Features : 64 bit 8-Core 16-Thread Processor
GPU/VGA Type : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Video Memory : 8 GB GDDR6

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the responses. The RAM is 16GB Tforce 3200. XMP - not sure, is that something in the Bios? In response to Phaaze88, here are more specs. I’m sort of a noob with this stuff so i’m not really sure what monitoring thermals means, if that is temps the temps seemed fine when running Warzone. Looking forward to more responses, thank you guys.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.90 GHz
Processor Main Features : 64 bit 8-Core 16-Thread Processor
Cache Per Processor : 32 MB L3 Cache
Memory : 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Storage : 1 TB NVMe SSD
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GDDR6
Power Supply : 80 Plus Gold Certified 650W
Case : Skytech Chronos Case, White Edition with Front Mesh
Cooling System : 4 x ARGB Dual Ring Fans
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Chipset : AMD B550
CPU Type : Ryzen 7 3rd Gen
CPU Speed : 3700X (3.60 GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU : 32 MB
CPU Main Features : 64 bit 8-Core 16-Thread Processor
GPU/VGA Type : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Video Memory : 8 GB GDDR6
Run this and post a link to the results.

Reactions: Cidozz

KyaraM

Admirable
That GPU performance is beyond bad... it literally says 0th percentile and that it's essentially outclassed by any other 3070. Did you set an FPS cap in the Nvidia driver? Else, there would be something seriously wrong with your GPU.

Am I seeing that correctly that this is a prebuilt? Can you open the side panel and take a picture of the PSU sticker? If it's low quality, it might have problems spllying enough power; 650W might be stressing it since your system should have quite a high consumption, so transients might become an issue. Also, if the RAM is running in 3200MHz, it definitely runs in XMP. You could try going to the BIOS and deactivate it, see if that works better.

Jun 29, 2022
That GPU performance is beyond bad... it literally says 0th percentile and that it's essentially outclassed by any other 3070. Did you set an FPS cap in the Nvidia driver? Else, there would be something seriously wrong with your GPU.

Am I seeing that correctly that this is a prebuilt? Can you open the side panel and take a picture of the PSU sticker? If it's low quality, it might have problems spllying enough power; 650W might be stressing it since your system should have quite a high consumption, so transients might become an issue. Also, if the RAM is running in 3200MHz, it definitely runs in XMP. You could try going to the BIOS and deactivate it, see if that works better.
Hello, thanks for responding. Yes it is a prebuilt. I looked through the reviews too and no one else seems to be having this problem. I have not set a cap in Nvidia either. Trying the XMP thing now and will update shortly. Also, every time I reboot it seems to be stuck in an automatic repair loop now.... ugh this is terrible.

Jun 29, 2022
You have too much background stuff running.
Make your startup group skinny.

Retest with reboot/wait/no browser.

Use care about opening the case you don't want to void the warranty.
It's so weird cause I have nothing installed on it yet besides battle.net, which isnt running. There's only 4 things that run on startup as well with none being high priority. So confusing....

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What? 11% is close enough to the 10% border that I'd say it's fine - far from being 'too much'.

The gpu definitely sticks out here. Everything else looks ok.
@Cidozz , I need you to monitor your gpu's clock speeds over a real time graph while you're playing:
Gpu-Z sensors tab has one.
Msi Afterburner also has it.
HWINFO(sensors only) has it too, you just double click on it to make it appear.

Jun 29, 2022
Where are you looking to see what runs at startup?
What? 11% is close enough to the 10% border that I'd say it's fine - far from being 'too much'.

The gpu definitely sticks out here. Everything else looks ok.
@Cidozz , I need you to monitor your gpu's clock speeds over a real time graph while you're playing:
Gpu-Z sensors tab has one.
Msi Afterburner also has it.
HWINFO(sensors only) has it too, you just double click on it to make it appear.
Hello! Warzone actually has a built gpu clock and i noticed when playing, and getting max 20fps, the gpu speed hovers 30-50ms and sometimes goes up towards 100ms. thanks!