Question Extreme GPU 3D usage, low FPS.

Oct 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

My computer specs are an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K, 1 EVGA GTX 980 TI Hybrid, 16 GB of RAM.

I had two 980 TI Hybrids in my computer but one was acting weird and when I plugged HDMI's or Display ports into it, they wouldn't work so I took it out. So When I drove back to my college dorm I plugged everything in and sat down to play Star Wars Battlefront 2, and my FPS (which is normally 150+ on high graphics), was all of a sudden 20 FPS and my GPU fan was at full blast because it was overheating (91 degrees), I looked in task manager and it said that my GPU was at 100% 3D. So I tried another 3D game (dead by daylight) and I had the exact same issue (even on low graphics in both games). So I tried to boot up every 2D game i had (terraria, slay the spire, enter the gungeon, FTL, and binding of Issac) and every single one of the games worked just fine, but GPU was cruising.

I reinstalled graphics drivers, and same thing stuff kept happening.

I don't know what's going on, my other GPU wasn't getting used at all since it didn't have anything plugged into it. Do y'all have any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS