Extreme lag in games despite low ping and good internet??

supermudfish

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Hi recently ive been
Java:
expericing problems in games with extremely bad lag. Previously my internet connection was fine and i experienced no lag playing games.

However suddenly my computer began to shut down at random playing video games, after fixing this issue (which i assumed to be overheating however i honestly have no clue) i tried to play some overwatch and PUBG

However im now experiencing extreme lag to the point of unplayability on every game despite my connection. My internet seems to be working fine as browsing the internet and loading hd videos works instantaneously as well as downloading massive files at up to 10mbps.
I have conducted an internet latency test and this has shown no apparent issues with my ping averaging out at around 30.

Any possible solutions?? anything would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Please check your PSU brand as wattage doesn't really define the quality, even if it was from a good brand, it could be failing now. Or do a PSU test using this tool http://www.ocbase.com/

If you suspect that its your internet connection, then check the stability of your internet using cmd with the command :
"ping google.com -t"
for about a minute or so.

If you have lots of packet loss then you will surely have lots of lags regardless of your download speed.

supermudfish

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
The only games ive tried are overwatch and PUBG

gpu temp is 35c which climbs to 75c while playing

specs are as follows

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
700w psu
16gb RAM

My connection is also wireless however ive never had issue with it previously

hotfusion

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
What kind of PSU do you have? Brand?

If your computer used to shutoff during playing, maybe the lag is caused by the PSU being unable to supply enough power for your system. This happened to me before.

supermudfish

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Should mention that when playing the games the symbol for packet loss appears at all times, however previously i got this and it didnt interfere with gameplay at all

hotfusion

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Please check your PSU brand as wattage doesn't really define the quality, even if it was from a good brand, it could be failing now. Or do a PSU test using this tool http://www.ocbase.com/

If you suspect that its your internet connection, then check the stability of your internet using cmd with the command :
"ping google.com -t"
for about a minute or so.

If you have lots of packet loss then you will surely have lots of lags regardless of your download speed.

Solution