[SOLVED] Extreme overheating

• Thread starter Deleted member 2734226
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2734226

Hey guys.
I just bought a new PC. I chose the components and let the shop build it for me. They already installed the system there.
I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600. In idle state, the processor has a temperature of 80°C.
When I was playing "The Crew 2" (Ultra settings, full hd, stable 60 fps) the temperature was 115°C!

I haven't looked inside the computer yet, but it might be a bad airflow or the one who mounted it didn't apply a thermal paste (which is unlikely).

Does anyone know what it might be?
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2734226

Sounds like the shop didn't install the CPU cooler correctly. Odd though that the CPU got up to 115C and the system didn't shut down as that is way too high for that CPU.
Okay, thanks for you answer. Will the processor be permanently damaged? At this temperature, it ran for about 3 hours. It is currently at 80°C for 5 hours.

D

Deleted member 2734226

It's difficult to say if it was damaged as that shut down feature by default is normally turned on so if it didn't shut down then the CPU may not be damaged.

Which monitoring software are you using?
I'm using Speccy. But the fans were spinning extremely fast.

WildCard999

Titan
Wow, that's a big difference. It is showing that CPU temperature is 40°C.

EDIT// It shows that EDC is 98% at idle. Is it also bad? I'm using "Ultimate Performance" power plan.
Not too sure about EDC values, quick google search shows that it has something to do with the voltage and VRM's on the motherboard. I only use Ryzen Master for Temps, High Performance plan is set for my power plan and the power plan in Ryzen Master is stock (can't see current plan as I'm at work).

D

Deleted member 2734226

Not too sure about EDC values, quick google search shows that it has something to do with the voltage and VRM's on the motherboard. I only use Ryzen Master for Temps, High Performance plan is set for my power plan and the power plan in Ryzen Master is stock (can't see current plan as I'm at work).
I changed the power plan to balanced. Games are still on stable 60 fps, EDC is 30% when idle which is great! Thanks!
The processor is currently at 40°C. But unfortunately, if I turn on a game, the fans start spinning fast and extremely loud.