Question extreme performance drop and freezes while gaming seemingly out of nowhere

Urumizawa

Reputable
May 17, 2016
I am not entirely sure how I should even approach or try to troubleshoot/fix this problem.
Lag and freezes are present sometimes even on my browser, but it is obviously more irritating for games.

We are talking 120 stable fps on high in overwatch now becoming unstable 60-40 in medium.
Stable 140 fps in league of legends on max settings now lagging and freezing on lower settings.

There are no heating issues from what I can feel and judging by the fact that the turbo boost never gets activated

Laptop: MSI Leopard GP63 8RE
Updates: everything up to date.

Edit: I didn't provide other details because i honestly don't even know what is relevant for the purposes of this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: mba380

mba380

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
I am not entirely sure how I should even approach or try to troubleshoot/fix this problem.
Lag and freezes are present sometimes even on my browser, but it is obviously more irritating for games.

We are talking 120 stable fps on high in overwatch now becoming unstable 60-40 in medium.
Stable 140 fps in league of legends on max settings now lagging and freezing on lower settings.

There are no heating issues from what I can feel and judging by the fact that the turbo boost never gets activated

Laptop: MSI Leopard GP63 8RE
Updates: everything up to date.

Edit: I didn't provide other details because i honestly don't even know what is relevant for the purposes of this post.

same thing happened to me, except it came up after updating to windows 1909. I've been having 200+ fps on cs:go and now it barley gets above 30 at times.