Extreme Pings while playing CSGO, ~700

Justgotowned

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Alright, so here's the deal. I usually get 90-130ms ping on CSGO. However, for the past couple of days, my ping has skyrocketed to around 500-700. I've found that port forwarding helps but I can't do it because I can't access my router settings atm. Is there any other way to port forward for it or any other way to lower this sudden spike?

Solution
Bypass the router. see what happens. Go direct from the modem to the PC. Make sure you reset the modem after you hook it direct.

Also, in CS GO enable the developer console in the settings. in game, hit the ~ (next to number 1) and type net_graph 3

This will tell you whats going on with your connection... even though we know its ping.

inerax

Distinguished
Bypass the router. see what happens. Go direct from the modem to the PC. Make sure you reset the modem after you hook it direct.

Also, in CS GO enable the developer console in the settings. in game, hit the ~ (next to number 1) and type net_graph 3

This will tell you whats going on with your connection... even though we know its ping.

Solution

Justgotowned

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Woah ok! :p Found this software online that utilises some software algorithm to allow the best connection settings for PC. Got my ping back down to 90-110! Woot Cheers and thanks inerax!

leonardodolc

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015

Wich the program name?