Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
I have a decent computer, It has these specifications:
  • RTX2060
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • 16GB 3200mhz RAM
  • Asus Prime B450ma
However I have had this issue for a very, very long time, and I just am sick and tired of it. In every game I play, my game stutters really aggressively, and in some games I get very low fps compared to videos online. Some games aren't as bad as others however they are still rendered unplayable. As an example battlefield V, my game will run at 70fps and drop down to 20, no matter the setting, and with DirectX12 it is a lot worse. Some games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 run fine however when entering towns my fps dips to 40fps, no matter the settings as well. GTA 5 I have frame dips, other games I have significantly lower FPS or extremely annoying lag spikes/stutters which just make everything unplayable and I am tempted to just sell my computer and build a new one because I have tried everything from replacing parts to upgrading, resetting my computer several times, reinstalling games, nothing seems to work at all, only game which seems to be smooth is Death Stranding, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, as long as I don't move my mouse otherwise there are terrible frame drops when I move the camera. Speaking of it, the stutters and lag is more apparent as well when I move my camera, regardless if I use a mouse or controller. Please help me out

Last edited:

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Power supply make model and age?

"I have tried everything from replacing parts to upgrading "
have you replaced the power supply?

Have you checked the temps?
My CPU stays at 40c and GPU 60c at full load. The power supply was switched from a CX450 to a 550 (2017) when replacing my gpu with a 2060 to avoid any power concerns.

That would be a CX 550?
Run HWInfo (if it gives you the option to run "sensors only" run "sensors only")....let it run.
Run a game that stutters.
Exit out of the game.
Check the 12,5 and 3.3 high and low voltage reading in the motherboard section and report back.

It may also be a memory problem.
I would try running with one stick at a time (if you have more than one stick).

Are you running the most recent NVidia driver?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
That would be a CX 550?
Run HWInfo (if it gives you the option to run "sensors only" run "sensors only")....let it run.
Run a game that stutters.
Exit out of the game.
Check the 12,5 and 3.3 high and low voltage reading in the motherboard section and report back.

It may also be a memory problem.
I would try running with one stick at a time (if you have more than one stick).

Are you running the most recent NVidia driver?
Yes i'm running the most recent driver after reinstalling many times. I'll try doing the steps you mentioned

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Is the RAM 1x16gb or 2x8gb?

Run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.
It is 2x8, and here are my userbenchmark results. Odd that it my computer is doing quite well, however I don't think my HDD and SSD are the culprit, my hard drive is quite full, with only 100GB or so left, and thats where my games are stored but its not my windows drive.

TRENDING THREADS