EXTREME TEMPERATURE CPU.......

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
hi guys i've been experiencing heavy cpu temperature problems, i live in chennai the climate is super summer here.. the room's ambient temp is about 35-36 degree celsius and my cpu's temp at idle is around 65 celsius.pls spend some time in linking this image's url..
my.php
[/URL][/img] at full load
my.php
[/URL][/img] so i seek any help i could get here......the temprature readings were taken from asus pc probe and everest ultimate linked with sidebar.... my chassis is thermally advantaged has three 120x120mm LED fans & one 250mm big led fan...and a sensor led display.

shubham1401

Distinguished
I think something is wrong.try to place the heat sink and fan again.
the temp should not be that high.
i live in delhi and the temps are 45degree celcius at noon but still my cpu is around 40 degrees .and i m on stock.
try some good thermal compund.
btw which processor you have?

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
everythings are just fine dude i checked it again..the thermal compound is a stock one came along with the heat sink ..it intel core2quad q8200....

Hmmmm - mid-90's. Pleasant :)

Anyhow, not sure exactly how this works but C2D usually idles approx ~15-20 C over ambient. That should place your "normal" idle at 50C to 55C. So, you are running 10-15 hot at idle.

Only two things can do that:

1) Ambient temp at your computer is higher than ambient room temp. Is your PC case enclosed in any way? Under a desk? Any way that its hotter than the average in the room?

2) Poorly installed and/or weak heatsink. Fixes for that are relatively standard:

- Triple check your heatsink/fan installation. Take it off, clean the cpu and heatsink thoroughly, apply paste, reinstall securely.

- If you are running the stock cooler, replace it.

- Make sure all those case fans aren't fighting against your heat-sink fan and somehow preventing warm air from leaving the cpu and then the case.

Over 100 lol . . . well, let's adjust for what I missed first time around.

Quad runs 20+ over ambient, ambient is 40 give or take. That gets us to 60+C.

You are at 65C. Maybe you're right, the cooler is installed correctly.

rojito

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
1) I agree with twoboxer, "Triple check your heatsink/fan installation" If you are ussing push pin config quadruple check it, believe me you can be sure it's properly installed and it's not (I'm assuming it's a new build).
2) had a problem once that the thermal sensor on the mobo failed and started giving me super high temps, touch the heatsink on different places and tell us how hot is it (but it's very, very rare to be a thermal sensor malfunction)
3) Try with the case open to make sure the fans aren't letting the cpu fan to take air propperly
4) it's possible for it to be normal, but I really think it's too high, even on a 35º ambient.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004

UMM... im gunna have to call bullshit here man.

EXPLAIN how your CPU is lower then room temp.. even if you are running a KILLER water loop?!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
striker10001 with an Ambient temp of 35-36 i would suspect under load you would hit close to 60.

As others have mentioned i would remove the heatsink, clean the thermal paste off the CPU and heatsink and re-install.

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
guys i just ripped the whole cpu and took the processor out ..man its really damn hot and i found a website telling that core 2 quad cpu's stock cooler are prone to get fault easily... the thermal compond is ok.. cooler emplacement ok... i think airflow in cabint is also ok..... air inlet from top,inlrt from back,inlet from big fan on left side,outlet from small below the big one...and outlet from psu's fan which is mounted below the psu....assuming everything's fine except cpu's temp...its only two weeks i bought the whole rig...

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Lol...below ambient ...?
never had those before in my whole life for 13 years using a PC
I'm running a i7 920@3.7GHz@1.275v room temperature is around 31~34ºc
idles at 43~48ºc depends on the room temp , while on intel burn test (linpack) tops at 71~73ºc
Try get a decent CPU cooler like the TRUE or xigmatek S1283~S1286 or many more choices...
and a good thermal paste like Arctic MX-2

I never trust in-house utilities; use Realtemp/Speedfan and let us know what thats reporting.

Also, I only see one CPU temp; are you sure you just aren't getting CPU0 + CPU1? (Which would put temps in the mid 30's - 40's)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Just keep seating the Heatsink untill you get something in the 50's under load. I think with a 35 ambient, 55 would be a great target under load.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
NO.. you need to shut down... remove thermal compound and reaply everything... boot up and stress the CPU again.

I see in that pic 60 is your highest temp? is that under load? If so.. its OK considering 35 ambient temps.

rojito

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
I WOULD SUGGEST A QUICK TEST:

TURN ON DE COMPUTER AND GO TO BIOS
WATCH TEMPS ON BIOS FOR A WHILE
AFTER THE TEMPS GET STABLE APPLY SOME FORCE ON THE HEAT SINK (PUSHING IT HARDER AGAINST THE MOBO) AND SEE IF TEMPS DROP
IF TEMPS DROP, YOUR HS IS FAULTY OR MOST LIKELY NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
rojito, i already tried those tactics when i removed the cpu for analyse..the bios reading were constant 75-76 on shaking and pressing tight...

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
now cpu-64
gpu-66
motherboard-51
hdd-46, results from everest,when i refresh this page for any update i don't see any cpu usage rate but the stupid temp keeps raising for a touch of a stupid button.