EXTREME TEMPERATURE CPU.......

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

Ah man! what a idiot i am, i forgot to do that techniq,i'll post the result....

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

hi,twoboxer i just wanna know the reason for switching off or reversing the top fan, what changes can it make while in present situation.....

Don't want that fan blowing into the case, and blocking hot air from going out the rear.

Edit: I'd prefer it blowing out so that all the air brought in by the side fans has no choice but to go past the cpu and out the top and rear. But Just turning the top fan off should be enough because of the higher pressure from the two side fans.

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
twoboxer, removed the case fans panel and noted the values see if there any thing good... idle full load now i'll change the fan directions as u said and check it....

Well, removing the side panel released the trapped air, allowing the box to get as close to ambient as it is going to get.

The air flow is also quite simple this way - air from three directions blows past the heat sink area and leaves the case through the open side.

In one direction, does its cooling job, and out the other.

Hopefully with the side fans blowing IN, the rear fan blowing OUT, and the top fan OFF, the same thing will happen in reverse. Air in the sides, blow past the heat sink, out the rear/top.

Hopefully you'll see no more than 3 or 4 degree rise in idle temps with the cover on and the fan direction changed.

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
twoboxer what if i mount the rear chasis fan on cpu cooler using some adesive paste the RPM of chasis fan is 2250-70 , CPU'S fan is 2760-90 will there be any positive result....

rojito

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
1. If ambient temps are so high on your room, try to get an after market cooler like the ones I proposed, which are cheap and effective (hope you find them).
2. I agree with twoboxer, top fan should be blowing air out. For now you can keep the side panel open to prevent overheating the cpu on load.
3. Since you got almost 10º less with the side panel open on a case with so many fans it seems the fans are stealing some of the air the HSF needs to cool the cpu, start by unplugging the top fan and watch if temps are lower than before.

The stock cooler does a known job within a known environment. Changing its fan isn't likely to do anything positive.

Your case's original airflow has two problems:

1) The three largest of your four fans blow IN, a small one blows out. You can't put more air into the case than you let out.

So, the amount of air going INTO your case is limited to the amount the little fan pulls out, plus what leaks out through the various seams and cracks in the case. It's likely you have a large amount of positive pressure inside the case and you are likely NOT getting as much air into the case as your three fans would suggest.

2) Even when air moves through your case, the position of the fans is stopping the hottest air from moving out quickly.

Your only exhaust fan is the small side fan. Since the fan above it blows IN and is LARGER, most of the air coming out the small fan is the air just brought in by the large fan. What air is moving past your CPU? My fear is not much, mostly whatever can squeeze out through the front of your case.

By changing the fans around, we should get positive air pressure and air flow from outside your case, past the cpu, and out the rear (and top).

striker10001

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

ur ideas are very acceptable and sugestive boxer, on ur assistance the temp inside the case has reduced from
40.1 to 36 degree celsius which is equal to room temp aproximately atleast so i better think this has some effect on cpu temp,right, should i continue with this or should i go for some cheap aftermarket cooler like rijito suggested, well i have some bucks for buying a good graphic card the xfx GTS 250 CORE EDITION,coz i have a stupid card right now xfx 9400gt bought in hurry i think its worth for nothing, not even maya, so am thinging should i waste in buying some cooler,can u exactly tell me what's the life of my processor with these crusial temp problems, at least 1 year its been 2-3 weeks i bought it .... and thank u very much again...

Our pleasure! Glad things are working cooler.

I wouldn't change the cooler right away as long as you don't over clock the cpu. Instead, watch your temps and if they get above 70C consistently, then you should consider getting a good one. Come back then and ask in a new thread.

When you buy a new video card, you should look hard for one that tries to exhaust warm air from the gpu out of the case.The XFX 260 Core edition does that. That card runs hot, but you do have fans blowing in (now) on the vid card area, so you should be OK.

Dxdilu

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
your CPU goin high temperature. about 60.

you just need to go threw BIOS setup.

restart your pc and keep press on Delete .
then BIOS configuration will be open .

select option-
POWER -
HARDWARE MONITOR -
select fan speed.
change OPTIMISTIC to HIGH PERFORMANCE.
Non silent ok.
them save and exit