Nov 2, 2015
My pc specs are as follows
MSI H170 gaming m3
Intel i3 6100
8gb ddr4 hyperx
Corsair AIO (high end)
Corsair 450 watt power supply
MSI 1060 6gb
In the middle of a game, I got a windows warning saying my cpu temp had reached 85 degrees Celsius and it said it was going to auto shutdown, in seconds it got to saying it was at 110 degrees then it shutdown. I changed my AIO to a air cooler and same problem happened, when I touch the mono behind the cpu it doesn’t feel hot whatsoever. I’m very confused as I work with computers myself and have never seen something like this. Please help this computer is extremely important to me for work purposes and entertainment. Also I cannot get into the pc for more than 3 minutes because of the auto shutdown system in place so I can’t try to solve the problem in the pc. I really need an answer. Also the pc reports 80+ temps imediatky on boot. (And if you missed it, I have tried using my corsair AIO, stock intel cooler, and a h212 evo. I am only 16 and currently have only 50 I could possibly spend on this. Thank you so much for all your help.

Solution
The Bios does monitor temps and will shutdown if max temp is seen. But if your current Bios is corrupted somehow, that might help. It's probably a bad sensor somewhere, but you can give it a shot.

Bobby_3

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015

Yes I cleaned and reapplied thermal paste between every change, sorry for the late response, I’m thinking something in my actual cpu might be messed up and reporting false tempuratures

Bobby_3

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015

Since the BIOS isn’t controlled by the operating system it won’t shutdown so I could try this, I will try tomorrow and post results here

TRENDING THREADS