Question extremely annoying stuttering

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hello! i would like to get some assistance with this really annoying stuttering i get im playing black desert online some other games too but mainly bdo and i get some really weird stuttering i never had these before they are really annoying si i recently bought a bunch of new hardware so let me tell you the specs first
GPU=Rtx 3070 msi ventus 3x
CPU=i7-7700k
16gb ram
so im playing on ultrawide 3440x1440 resolution on a fairly high graphics getting around 70-90 fps maybe a 100 rarely but i get these stutters that it feels like the fps drops randomly but it doesnt since im following it i tried with vsync adaptive sync or whatever tried turning them on off also lowering the graphics doesnt help i can lower it to medium to get 150 fps and i still get the stutters graphical adjustments dont work maybe resolution adjustment might work idk but thats not something u want to do using a lower resolution than your your monitors natives.my fps doesnt really go below 70 in normal circumstances whenever i check or monitor its mostly around 80 the lows are around 60 70 and the highs are around 90 100 but the average or the constant is around 80 so my gpu usage is 99% while my cpu usage is around 70 80% so can it be cpu bottleneck while the cpu uses less ? and the gpu seems to be hitting the limit ? idk im not an expert thats why im here looking for answers i have an ssd thinking about buyiung a new one maybe thats causing it but honestly with tech and stuff u never know whats causing it i try reinstalling the gpu driver soon maybe that fixes it but i dont believe in these easy fixes usually they dont fix anything system was reinstalled when i got the new gpu around a month ago i would love to find a solution because its getting annoying so any idea is much appreciated ! thank you

Stuttering is usually due to a lack of cpu resources.
70/80% cpu usage smacks to me of a cpu limitation.
Your 7700K is still very competent.
If a processor were 100% busy, there would be no headroom to take care of surges in cpu demand. Even 70% busy suggest a cpu limitation.
All apps will have a single master thread that manages all of the other sub tasks.
That task will be limited by single thread performance.

If you have the ability to overclock your 7700K, do so.
Otherwise, you are leaving some 25% performance on the table.

To see if cpu clock speed is the limiter, try a backhanded experiment.
In windows power management, REDUCE your max cpu % from 100% to 80%. See how that impacts your performance and stuttering.
If there sin a significant decrease in performance, it indicates tat a stronger processor is in order.
My reading indicates that BDO is not well optimized and may be single thread performance limited.

Reactions: everynameistakenn

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
sry i was kinda busy also tried alot of solutions how do i reduce my max cpu % i couldnt find anything like that in power options ....also its hard to test stuff trying to optimize the best settings and tweak stuff but my internet is also prettty weak and now im waiting for another provider so not sure if that affects any of the freezing or lag i tried tweaking alot of graphical options with lower settings higher settings caping the mopnitor mhz to 60 100 144 using gsync not using gsync etc low graphics high graphics right now sometimes it feels extremely smooth like its so good and sometimes u just have those freezes and it makes me really angry sometimes its not even freeze its just feels like its lagging or smt for a second idk 3070 should be decent enough to run this without much problems its weird also on lower graphics i still get those freezes or is it just lag mini freeze or normal freeze it just feels like when you are watching a movie and a picture or a scene was cut out that im missing 1 picture also gotta check some overclocking videos of 7700k im not an expert never oc stuff because im a bit scared of killing some of my pc parts well thank you for taking the time to reply :D

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
yo im backi i tried reducing the maximum cpu % to 80 then i tried 60 my fps remains the same around 80 90 100 performance wise its the same mostly smooth with some mini freezes or lags with different intervals sometimes its really smooth sometimes it feels like im neo from matrix for 1 sec then iut gets smooth again idk its weird fps is not actually droping below 60 70 80 during this so its not something thats connected to fps or i have no idea its weird but even at 100% cpu usage if i put it back im not running only at 50 % 60% max i think thats the maximum the game uses so i did not see any difference when i tried this honestly i have alot of internet lagg and jiutter so its hard to test anything while im also internet lagging and i have like 5mbps bandwith so im gonna change the internet first then do a whole system reboot or reinstall or whatever i call this project new leaf :D and i hope it will work coz im out of ideas so this is my plan :D if you have any ideas it would be very much appreciated i tried alot of settings tweaking those have minimal effects for the better or worse they are not really changing anything btw just an edit tweaked some other settings again im having around 90 100 fps but im constantly lagging it feels like idk its not even freeze at this point its just constant lag its really not smooth it should be if im only looking at the fps coz i swear the fps is not moving down maybe a little single digit but not like this its really weird i dont understand ps now i restarted the game because it was really unbearable now its back to the normal amount of lagging and its much much better but still have those lags or freezes same fps no change there hm

Last edited: