Extremely bad internet

hotdog16jm

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
For some strange reason for over 1 month I have had incredible bad download and upload speed, only on my computer. I have tried both Ethernet and wireless and both give 1mbps and lower. I have tried updating drivers,console commands,entirely new internet and more. I have tested wireless connection in my room on my phone as well ,where I received 17-25mbps. This problem is also not because of amd quick stream as I do not have it. Something that extremely confused me is that on my control and networking centre it says I’m receiving 25mbps. But on the internet test 0.5mbps. Please give any advice I have no idea what is causing this.

Solution
This might work but there is a risk it might mess up your computer. Try this if no other option works. I've used this program multiple times without problems:
Download a program called TCP Optimizer: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/speedguide_net_tcp_optimizer.html

1. Select your advertised maximum internet speed from the "connection speed" slider bar. (the maximum available bandwidth, in kilobits per second, not your LAN speed).
2. Choose your Network Adapter, or check to "Modify All Network Adapters" (especially if using another type of connection).
3. Choose the "Optimal settings" radio-button near the bottom of the program.
4. Click "Apply changes", and reboot when prompted by the program.

iceblitzed

Distinguished
This might work but there is a risk it might mess up your computer. Try this if no other option works. I've used this program multiple times without problems:
Download a program called TCP Optimizer: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/speedguide_net_tcp_optimizer.html

1. Select your advertised maximum internet speed from the "connection speed" slider bar. (the maximum available bandwidth, in kilobits per second, not your LAN speed).
2. Choose your Network Adapter, or check to "Modify All Network Adapters" (especially if using another type of connection).
3. Choose the "Optimal settings" radio-button near the bottom of the program.
4. Click "Apply changes", and reboot when prompted by the program.

Solution