• Don't have a streaming pc
  • 113mbps download, 10 mbps upload
  • Using streamlabs obs
  • My processor is an i7-4790 with an
RTX 2060.
- Same pixelation during movement no
matter the quality (tried 360p - 1080p
60fps and the issues are consistent)

The problem is that when streaming, the stream becomes more and more pixelated depending on the amount of movement on screen. No matter my obs settings, the stream is extremely pixelated. There must be a setting I'm missing when configuring obs options for stream quality. Here's my settings:

NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder
Rescale output 1280x720
CBR rate control
4000 bitrate
Preset - Max quality
high profile

My cpu usage during streaming is around 10-15%

I'm not sure what the issue could be, because I'm not getting lag on my end while streaming fortnite. Bumping up the bitrate does nothing, and all of the settings change virtually nothing aswell. Please help? Thanks in advance

Solution
Don't use rescale, stream at the resolution you are capturing,rescaling introduces artifacts.
Don't use CBR,that's constant bitrate meaning it will use the bitrate you tell it to even if it needs more,use VBR that's variable bitrate it will save bitrate on scenes where it doesn't need much and use this surplus on scenes with a lot of movement.
Give it as much bitrate as possible, 4000 is pretty low if youtube allows you more go with the maximum it allows.

EDIT:
Also if you are testing your streaming quality by watching the stream on the same connection while doing the stream you will be bottlenecking your internet connection,your stream might be looking great but you are seeing it the same way you would see any stream while doing a big...

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I've tried both x264 and nvidia nvenc h.264 and the pixelation is even worse on x264, and my game runs smoother on h.264.

About where I'm streaming, for some reason I have no options in obs to change my location, streaming on youtube btw

Don't use rescale, stream at the resolution you are capturing,rescaling introduces artifacts.
Don't use CBR,that's constant bitrate meaning it will use the bitrate you tell it to even if it needs more,use VBR that's variable bitrate it will save bitrate on scenes where it doesn't need much and use this surplus on scenes with a lot of movement.
Give it as much bitrate as possible, 4000 is pretty low if youtube allows you more go with the maximum it allows.

EDIT:
Also if you are testing your streaming quality by watching the stream on the same connection while doing the stream you will be bottlenecking your internet connection,your stream might be looking great but you are seeing it the same way you would see any stream while doing a big download...with a very reduced bitrate.
Upload your stream on youtube and watch it afterwards.

Solution

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019

EDIT:
Also if you are testing your streaming quality by watching the stream on the same connection while doing the stream you will be bottlenecking your internet connection,your stream might be looking great but you are seeing it the same way you would see any stream while doing a big download...with a very reduced bitrate.
Upload your stream on youtube and watch it afterwards.

You're actually right, the test streams uploaded to my channel and I just went & watched them and realized there's not nearly as much pixelation as when I was watching my own stream...