Question Extremely high CPU usage

Nov 13, 2019
So, I was just casually playing some games. Wanted to shutdown my pc but missclicked and restarted it. When I got back to the desktop, I realised everything seems much slower than it was before, so I went to the task manager and saw a very high cpu usage (way higher that normal) and high power usage as well. When i move some windows around the desktop it stutters pretty hard and overall all processes (like entering pin code, browsing web) seem much slower but I do not see any temperature issues. Any idea what might have caused it?

PS: My cpu is an i7 9700k (no oc)

So, I was just casually playing some games. Wanted to shutdown my pc but missclicked and restarted it. When I got back to the desktop, I realised everything seems much slower than it was before, so I went to the task manager and saw a very high cpu usage (way higher that normal) and high power usage as well. When i move some windows around the desktop it stutters pretty hard and overall all processes (like entering pin code, browsing web) seem much slower but I do not see any temperature issues. Any idea what might have caused it?

PS: My cpu is an i7 9700k (no oc)
let the system settle down for a while then try it again. It could possibly be extremely busy with a Windows update and that's causing the lagginess.