[SOLVED] Extremely High Ping And Slow Download Speeds

Apr 2, 2020
Ive been going at this for about a week... I typically get 30-40 ping in most games and around 7 mbps download speeds. However I built a new pc and only on that pc I get 500+ ms and 0.5 mbps download speed. If i turn on the pc and use it, all other systems and phones etc. experience high ping as well. But when i turn it off and play my ps4 for example ill get 30 ping again. I have tried tonnes of different youtube tutorials, reset my router, reset pc. downloaded new drivers etc. Im not sure if i should just completely reset the pc and delete all the data on my hardrives and start fresh although thats my last resort because I dont want to spend another week downloading a tb worth of games and drivers etc. If you need more information Id be happy to give it to you. This is extremely frustrating and makes downloading and playing games impossible to do. Some other notes. If i do an internet test everything is okay on my pc and it reads the correct download, ping and upload speeds but when I open a game or start a download the internet like craps out. It is possible I may have missed a driver however I think I have them all. I can link some components of the pc if that could be the problem. Another thing I noticed although it may mean nothing but whenever I download something via a web browser and I open it. I get a message saying smartscreen cannot be reached ...

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like you've got some malware or other junk on your system so your windows is toast. But before having to reformat and reinstall, let's confirm it by booting a linux live cd and see if you have any ping problems when it is running that way and connected to the network.
Sounds like you've got some malware or other junk on your system so your windows is toast. But before having to reformat and reinstall, let's confirm it by booting a linux live cd and see if you have any ping problems when it is running that way and connected to the network.

Solution