[SOLVED] Extremely Loud Laptop

elfin8er

Distinguished
May 5, 2013
When I first purchased my early 2020 Razer Blade 15 base model, it was about as loud as I expected it to be. If I was just surfing the internet or watching a video, the sound was pretty much unnoticeable. If I was playing a game the fan would start to ramp up a bit. However, for the last couple of months, my laptop has been getting louder and louder to the point where it's quite uncomfortable to use to do anything. My task manager is currently 4% CPU and 35% memory, and my laptop is still very loud and not hot to the touch. I had taken my laptop apart at one point and cleaned the fans but it didn't seem to do much good. I also tried running an app called FanSpeed to try and adjust my fan speeds or at least view their current speeds, but this and similar apps don't seem to work. This is the second laptop that I've had that has become very noisy over time. I'm thinking I might just need to replace the fans at this point, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions.

OS is the Win 11 build 22000.194. Also occurred on recent builds of Win 10.

Here's a video where you can hear the fan noise, although it's much worse in real life.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and providing thoughts.

Solution
The noise sounds to me as if a fan blade(s) are hitting something. The fan housing perhaps. Or maybe some piece of debris that has gotten into the fan.

Perhaps something has come loose and is vibrating or otherwise rattling along.

Focus on pin pointing the source of the sound.

My thought is that most likely the laptop will need to be opened up again and inspected accordingly.

Ralston18

Titan
The noise sounds to me as if a fan blade(s) are hitting something. The fan housing perhaps. Or maybe some piece of debris that has gotten into the fan.

Perhaps something has come loose and is vibrating or otherwise rattling along.

Focus on pin pointing the source of the sound.

My thought is that most likely the laptop will need to be opened up again and inspected accordingly.

Solution